Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OMG ! What Have I Done ?

OMG ! What Have I Done ? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #175270

• E-scooter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Hi Fellow Lightworkers:

I just tried to download and install and boot up Lightworks on my wonderful MBP Early 2011 and I turned off the funky Graphics Card switching so that it always opens on the Radeon 6750 with 1 GB of nice and fast dedicated GDDR 5 GPU RAM, but all I get is this stuck "Verifying "Lightworks" " squerrily thingy line box which never goes away, the program doesn't load, and Force Quit seems to have no effect on stopping the lockup ????? As I write this the never ending verifying lightworks box is still hanging out. I'm going to to a hard reboot and make it go away. So I figure there's a piece of hardware this program doesn't seem to like. Maybe I don't have enough RAM in my MBP ? Maybe it hates any Non- nVidia Quadro card. It's weird because I also have Avid Media Composer on here and it opens up happily and runs fine. What have I done wrong ? I'm on MAC OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks).
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by E-scooter. Reason: Clarity and typo correction

Re: OMG ! What Have I Done ? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #175274

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

That could be caused by your security settings. Prior to installation make sure that from
"System Prefs.Security and Privacy.Allow apps downloaded from" is set to "Anywhere".

After installation, launch Lightworks, and restore your favorite security settings in System Prefs.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: OMG ! What Have I Done ? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #175276

• E-scooter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Hi Hugly:
Thanks for your response. To save some time, where is this setting in the MAC OS located ?

Thanks

Re: OMG ! What Have I Done ? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #175277

• E-scooter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
OK. I found it and I changed the setting. Let's see if that helps ?

Re: OMG ! What Have I Done ? 3 months, 3 weeks ago #175278

• E-scooter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 3 weeks ago
SUCCESS !!!! Lightworks PRO installed and fully activated !!! Thank you so much for your excellent, knowledgable assistance to this Newbie user
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds
Scroll To Top