Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: issues with getting vcredist.exe to install properly

Re: issues with getting vcredist.exe to install properly 8 months, 2 weeks ago #173028

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 months, 2 weeks ago
One final thought if you haven't already surrendered to whatever Microsoft weirdness has happened: get yourself one of the uninstall tools and do a thorough uninstall, removing all traces of Lightworks including registry entries. Of course you should backup C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks first. Once you have done that, right click on Lightworks installer and select "Run as Administrator". Leave everything set on defaults unless you wish to change the folder to which you're installing and let the installer run to conclusion.

Then launch Lightworks. Assuming that runs as you expect, quit and restore your backed up Lightworks folder. You should be back and running.

PS: I have two uninstallers: CrystalIdea's Uninstall Tool which has a free 30-day trial but is cheap enough to not dent your household budget, and IObit Uninstaller which has a totally free version which should do everything you need, although again, the pro version is cheap enough not to require you to economise on groceries. I prefer to use the Uninstall Tool, but IObit is probably the better uninstaller if you've never used one before.
Last Edit: 8 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: issues with getting vcredist.exe to install properly 8 months, 1 week ago #173063

• ATNMY
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 8 months, 1 week ago
Thanks jwrl,

I think I have surrendered to Microsoft Hell for today, but this sounds like a good plan. I will have a go at this when I have some spare time again in a few days.

Thanks for your help!

Re: issues with getting vcredist.exe to install properly 8 months ago #173944

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months ago
Hello ATNMY,

Do you have any news on this, have you managed to get the vcredist error fixed somehow?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: issues with getting vcredist.exe to install properly 7 months, 2 weeks ago #175485

• ATNMY
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 months, 2 weeks ago
Hey @hugly!

I have actually been travelling for work and only just got back so not made an attempt yet.

Will probably need a new video project / trailer to do to motivate me to!

Unfortunately I switched to the darkside and threw something together quickly in Premier Pro when I hit the issues so I could make the trailer deadline for the game (an expo and store launch we were doing a couple of days later). You can check out my attempt here if you would like to asses the editing

I'm still really keen to make Lightworks my go to. But because my editing is such a small part of my job it's hard to dedicate the time to fixing the issue until I have more editing to do instead of game development. I may end up just installing LW on the Linux side of my machine and using from there (unfortunately the editro for our Game Engine doesnt run stably on Linux yet tho!)

Thanks for checking in on it, I will post in here when I get the time/opportunity to attempt the fix!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top