Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install

Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 3 years, 1 month ago #141267

Hi,

I've recently acquired the free version of Lightworks 12.6 and installed it in more than one computer. I had to uninstall it because of technical issues and now I can't find the version to install again, the only one available (and the one I can find) is the newest version 14. Is there any link or place where I can find this older version to download? I don't want to upgrade to the version 14 yet.

Thank you for your attention!

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 3 years, 1 month ago #141269

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, as a free user, you’re restricted to using the latest version, which is now V 14. Only Pro users can use an older version of Lightworks. The latest build for your operating system is available on the download page of this site,

There are a number of changes in V14, the most noticeable being the choice of either a fixed or a flexible layout (The latter is the traditional Lightworks layout). You can select these in the system settings on the top right of the project browser page.

Before attempting any serious editing please look at the video tutorials or the Quick Guide for V14 and explore the flexible layout’s new timeline for the changes (because it’s a bit different) and aspects don’t match the older video tutorials. Also, check out the bin menu changes.. Doing this will save you time and frustration.

Note that you may have to reset appearances found in the system setting on the top right of the project browser page and the timeline menu to your personal settings.
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by briandrys.

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 3 years, 1 month ago #141273

Hi!

Thank you for replying! Actually I'm already working on an editing projectwith version 12.6 and I didn't want to change it to version 14 exactly because of those new changes...does that mean I will have to change the version in the other computers I have installed in order to "match" the specifications?

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 3 years, 1 month ago #141276

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 1 month ago
When you need to log in again on Lightworks to run for another week, you'll find that you will need to upgrade at that time. You can get a Pro License in order to run an older version and if it's a real concern, perhaps a single one month license should allow you to finish editing your project.

V14 should run your old projects, although it's something you avoid doing do on a professional production. I've opened V12 projects on V14 without any problems.

EDIT If you wish to use the flexible layout, please see here for switching layouts: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=142324&Itemid=81
Last Edit: 1 week, 5 days ago by briandrys.

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 3 years, 1 month ago #141296

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 1 month ago
As part of the beta test process I've been bouncing between 12.5, 12.6 and various 14 betas. I have encountered very little real difficulty. The only issue that I encountered was with some old P2 MXF media from 6 years back that lost audio on tracks 2, 3 and 4. That's a reasonably obscure issue, but it's all that I've encountered. I think you can be reasonably confident about installing version 14.

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 2 years, 11 months ago #149308

• yodacola
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
Hello! I signed up for pro and tried to log in to 12.6 and it still said license expired. Is there any way to use 12.6 instead?

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 2 years, 11 months ago #149315

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 11 months ago
You shouldn't double post, it causes confusion, you've created a thread, which now has replies to your question.

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 1 week, 5 days ago #218559

• musicollector
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Music is the soundtrack of our lives
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
If that is the case, where is the pop-out TOOL bar in 14.5? That is al I want to know. Certainly, there must be a tool bar in v 14.5.
harry.cckerala.com
Streaming music from the 50's to 80's

Re: Can't find the Lightworks 12.6 version to install 1 week, 5 days ago #218562

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
The toolbar is visible in the flexible user interface, it isn't necessary in the fixed interface and is therefore not shown.

If you want to use the flexible interface, launch Lightworks, and in the entry screen click on the cogs icon at the top right of the frame. From the drop down menu that appears, select Project layout > Flexible.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top