Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks Does Not Find My Project

Lightworks Does Not Find My Project 2 weeks, 2 days ago #237992

• maikomath
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hi,

I carelessly took the liberty to rename my editable project folder on the hard drive, resulting in LightWorks not being able to recognize it anymore - the project is not visible under the "Local Projects" screen when I start Lightworks.

I have so far tried to rename the project - no effect.
Also, have moved the whole Lightworks´ folder on my hard disk to another location, restarted the PC, moved the folder back to the original location, restarted the PC again, but no effect.

How do I get Lightworks to recognize this project again?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Lightworks Does Not Find My Project 2 weeks, 1 day ago #237996

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

I assume you renamed a project folder on OS level and didn't note its original name prior to renaming it?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks Does Not Find My Project 2 weeks, 1 day ago #238009

• maikomath
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Yes, I renamed it at OS level.

But I did remember the first 5 characters of the name of the folder and later found a similar .odb file name from it which I copy-pasted to again rename that project's folder. Didn't work.

Re: Lightworks Does Not Find My Project 2 weeks, 1 day ago #238010

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The name of the .odb file within the project folder allows reconstructing the folder name. With Lightworks shut down, copy and paste the name of the ODB file without extension and change the first character from "O" to "U", i.e. if the name of the ODB file is "O00-e5ac7fb3-1ab5-4651-aa90-47dad40be51e.odb" the name of the project folder is "U00-e5ac7fb3-1ab5-4651-aa90-47dad40be51e".

As a matter of interest, what was your reason for renaming the folder?

Edit: Writing the above I silently assumed that you run Lightworks 2021. If you use an earlier version, use "P" instead of "U" as leading character of the folder name.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top