Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Beginner; Need help creating.

New Beginner; Need help creating. 4 days, 22 hours ago #229572

• Seagbag1234
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days, 22 hours ago
New here, I have a word document in which I would like to make it a scrolling video story. I cant figure out the process how. Defiantly the analog guy in a digital world. Can anyone walk me through it?

Re: New Beginner; Need help creating. 4 days, 21 hours ago #229574

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 21 hours ago
Welcome to the forum.

It really depends on what you want to do with the docment.

At the most basic you could copy and paste it into text roll, which is found in the VFX tab.

Have a look at the quick start video tutorial before doing anything:

Re: New Beginner; Need help creating. 4 days, 20 hours ago #229578

• Seagbag1234
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days, 20 hours ago
I can not get my document to show in project contents. But the folder does in browser. My ultimate goal is to have the document scroll down so it can be read on You Tube as a story.

Re: New Beginner; Need help creating. 4 days, 19 hours ago #229579

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 19 hours ago
You have to create a sequence, open the VFX tab, select text > roll. When that opens you'll see "Sample Text" You can delete that by selecting it like in a word document and using back space to delete, then paste your word document into that space.

Please see P178 to P184 in the V2020 User Guide found in downloads > documentation for info on setting titles.

When finished, left click on the Apply effect button,

Re: New Beginner; Need help creating. 4 days, 18 hours ago #229582

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 18 hours ago
Be aware though, that you can't directly open a Word document in Lightworks. Because you're copying and pasting the text, any formatting that you have put in your document will be lost. Also, the title tool is rudimentary at best: if you need to change the font, size or style that means a new title/crawl or roll.

When I do rolls in Lightworks I lay out multiple pages in Photoshop (usually with transparency) and import them using the image effect. With the image effect you can work with pages larger than the sequence that you're working on, and it's then just a matter of keyframing the position to achieve the roll, and overlaying as many pages as you need to give you the roll length that you wish.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds
Scroll To Top