Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Many thanks + Pieces to Project

Many thanks + Pieces to Project 2 weeks, 2 days ago #222472

Many thanks to all you techs who spent many hours helping me with my first music video. I will post in the showcase soon. It's up on youtube, but am finishing sheet music to post on my website.

This first video was supposedly "easy:" I did all 3 verses in one take.
The next video I want to edit is shot on 3 different locations for 5 verses, with some mistakes to be edited out, and 2 cameras running for two of the locations. It will be a quilt, of connecting pieces into a project.

I know this sounds aggressive for a 2nd project. Before I start, I thought it wise to ask advice to save time later:
1. How powerful is LW audio editing? Should I edit the sound in a separate program, such as my familiar Home Studio by Cakewalk (that I've used since 2008--it's old), or Audacity, (just recommended to me last month)?
2. Is there any way to link the separate sound I record from my zoom to the video, so that the two will not get off by a few frames, if I am clutsy with an edit? There were two places where I have no idea how I cut out 6 video frames and 2 audio frames, in different spots, which took hours to rememdy.
3. Are there tutorials you would recommend I watch before digging in?

Many thanks to all. Wish I could have you over for burgers & smores 'round the campfire.

Re: Many thanks + Pieces to Project 2 weeks, 2 days ago #222482

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Hello,

1. The Lightworks audio engine has only basic functions. Level adjustment and a 5 band equalizer with some presets, that's it. This may or may not meet your needs. It's not suitable for mixing or mastering sound. For more sophisticated audio work, I'd suggest using the tools you are familiar with. If 'Home Studio by Cakewalk' has all the functions you need, use it.

If you're asking for alternatives, there are many. Industry standard for audio post is surely AVID's ProTools. I consider Reaper to be a suitable alternative on low budget and, the Pro version of Lightworks has a Reaper export option. I gather members of this forum also use Ardour and Harrison Mixbus. Maybe Cakewalk by Bandlab is also worth a look, it's a relaunch of Sonar, for free.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top