Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The beta forums: Should one also report successful results?

The beta forums: Should one also report successful results? 2 weeks ago #214441

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
With the latest beta I got rid of a significant flaw: In "Mixed rates" projects, exported video does not contain added black or green frames anymore.

Hence my question: Should we put such "success stories" into the beta forums as well so that the devs can become aware that the fix was successful, or rather not?
Lwks x64 Beta 2020.1 revision 120537, pro license, on Windows 10

HARDWARE:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n, Xiaomi Yi 1080p
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by timzett.

Re: The beta forums: Should one also report successful results? 2 weeks ago #214443

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Yes please!
Lightworks Development

Re: The beta forums: Should one also report successful results? 2 weeks ago #214444

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Users have reported that flaws/bugs have been solved in the latest beta build on many occasions over the years. I'm sure the developers would like to hear the positive feedback as the negative.

If it's been an on going issue over a number of builds. it would be especially worthwhile.

Re: The beta forums: Should one also report successful results? 2 weeks ago #214449

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
FWIW

The issue reported here (for the second time) has been present for 8 months. It's still persist (or has been reinvented) with the current version. No feedback from devs whatsoever. For a positive feedback, users would have had to test each beta version since then, each time with negative results. How many versions have that been since then, 20? This is time consuming and can get very frustrating due to missing feedback and negative results. I have no idea what motivation volunteer beta testers should have to stand that?

My suggestion: The devs should post for each issue which is assumed to be fixed that it is assumed to be fixed. Then, a test run with the current version can validate the fix, if the reporting user hasn't moved to another software in the meanwhile. If there's no feedback from devs, the issue can be assumed to be not fixed and thus pending for the next major release. We do have many of those.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top