Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NAB Show in April Cancelled

NAB Show in April Cancelled 4 weeks ago #213900

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
They are cancelling the NAB Show in April, although they seem to be considering later in the year, so postponed may possibly be a better term

nabshow.com/2020/attend/onsite-services/coronavirus-update-and-resources/
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: NAB Show in April Cancelled 4 weeks ago #213902

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
That was clearly going to happen when major exhibitors started dropping out. No real surprise there.

However until the US starts acting to meaningfully test for the virus and implement some form of control of its spread through the general population I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for NAB this year at all. I certainly wouldn't want to go there at the moment.

NAB New York? Who knows?
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: NAB Show in April Cancelled 4 weeks ago #213904

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
The film and TV industry could be hit over the coming months, since production insurance seems to be a possible issue with coronavirus. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have caught the virus.
Last Edit: 4 weeks ago by briandrys.

Re: NAB Show in April Cancelled 4 weeks ago #213905

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 weeks ago
I'm surprised that the tonight shows are still allowing audiences to attend. I think that the WHO were right to declare it a pandemic.

I fall nicely into the age group most likely to be killed by this bug, and I have two of the three pre-existing medical conditions that also put me most at risk. I'm not looking forward to the next several months. Especially since in my city we're in the middle of a Grand Prix, with motor heads from all over the world congregating en masse. They should have had the sense that NAB did and cancelled that too.

briandrys wrote:
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson have caught the virus.

It's bad when anyone is diagnosed with it, but guess where they are? They're in Australia where I live, and they have been moving around, as you would expect. This virus is next to impossible to control without adopting the testing regime that South Korea has taken. You can be infectious and be completely asymptomatic.

I hope that both Tom and his wife recover soon.
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 6 days ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top