Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: liquid lens lightfield camera

liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 23 hours ago #211098

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 23 hours ago
The coming revolution in holographic video technology has been given a boost with the unique approach of Spanish start-up Wooptix. It has presented the first single lens light field camera capable of capturing light field video in real time and it does so using a liquid lens.

www.redsharknews.com/production/item/6913-this-is-revolutionary-the-world-s-first-liquid-lens-lightfield-camera
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes

Re: liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 23 hours ago #211104

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 23 hours ago
I posted this already in your other post, but because I think that moderators will delete the double post, here again:

Thanks for the heads up. Good to know that the story of light-field-cameras continues.

I was thinking that this technology will stay in the laboratories and won't find any market after Lytro left the scene in 2018.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lytro
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 22 hours ago by hugly.

Re: liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 15 hours ago #211114

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 15 hours ago
The duplicate thread was deleted, but probably not by a moderator. We usually merge duplicate threads.

Re: liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 13 hours ago #211120

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 13 hours ago
did know there was a duplicate thread.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes
Last Edit: 4 days, 13 hours ago by Jpaulbiss.

Re: liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 13 hours ago #211122

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 13 hours ago
Interesting article, but apparently not a lightfield camera. It uses a technology which the manufacturers call SEBI (Sensing the Electromagnetic Behavior by Intensity). The term "Lightfield" in this context appears to be the name given to the development project that came up with SEBI.
Last Edit: 4 days, 13 hours ago by jwrl.

Re: liquid lens lightfield camera 4 days, 13 hours ago #211123

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 13 hours ago
jwrl wrote:
The duplicate thread was deleted, but probably not by a moderator. We usually merge duplicate threads.

I deleted the other thread, since it just had a link to the Redshark article. Hugly's reply had already been deleted by that stage.
Last Edit: 4 days, 13 hours ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top