Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Resize

Resize 5 days, 4 hours ago #206029

Ok I already know the basic resize feature. Is there a way to resize multiple picture segments? I already tried selecting them all with the yellow bracket things. If not, is there a way to combine them all into 1 segment in order to resize?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Resize 5 days, 3 hours ago #206034

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 3 hours ago
You can't change the length of a group of segments, you have to do them individually.

Re: Resize 5 days, 3 hours ago #206035

So you can't combine/glue segments either?

Re: Resize 4 days, 18 hours ago #206051

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 18 hours ago
Hello,

What kind of media does the section marked in blue on V1 show, video or still pictures?

I'm asking, because trimming video clips with moving pictures all at once doesn't make much sense, because all cuts will show random frames. You have to trim video cut by cut for a meaningful result anyways but, trimming a sequence of stills for duration all at once can make sense and, there's a way to do that.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 18 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Resize 4 days, 6 hours ago #206094

Yep its a still picture. The specific scene i'm doing there is pretty much stop motion, and each picture is too long, so it looks "choppy". I need to shorten each to about the same length. So..... how do you do it?

Re: Resize 4 days, 4 hours ago #206096

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 4 hours ago
Got cardboard? wrote:
So you can't combine/glue segments either?

You can use the right mouse button in the "Make" > "Print" sequence to create a new element in which the cuts are hidden. This new "Print" does not appear automatically in the sequence, but as a new print tile in the project content. You can insert / replace this tile like an imported clip in the sequence timeline. In the Sequence-Timeline you can change the speed of the print.

When creating a print from a complex sequence, the print may contain unwanted segments and unnecessary tracks. Therefore, it makes sense to look at the print timeline, but in LWKS 14.5 this is only possible with a flexible layout. Also, a print itself is not editable (apart from effects), but only the sequence from which this print was created, or the sequence in which this print was inserted.
EDIT: In your case it may be useful to create the stop motion image sequence in a separate Lightworks "Sequence" element.
The separate stop motion Sequence would only be responsible for creating a Print, and should contain only one track with the images (without gaps). From this you create a Print and insert it into the Master Sequence.
However, this requires that you can manage multiple Sequences in the project content.

Got cardboard? wrote:
I need to shorten each to about the same length. So..... how do you do it?

There are several possibilities.
- With a "Print" as described.
- Manually with keyboard shortcuts directly in the sequence (for a few images).
- With a macro that automatically uses the keyboard shortcuts (personally I love macros)
- Export and reimport (I personally don't like)
- Or if you want more: External flow programs that can create a motion analysis of image sequences and conjure additional synthetic frames from them to simulate a fluid motion (but there is a risk of artifacts).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 4 days, 4 hours ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top