Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera

experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197366

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Has any one experience with this camera?
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.5, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197374

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Unless it's a post production question, I would suggest using a cinematography or general video site for these types of questions. You're more likely to find people (especially camera people) who have used the cameras on a range of productions that have pushed the cameras.

cinematography.com/index.php?/forum/113-blackmagic-design/

www.bmcuser.com/

Edit www.dvinfo.net/forum/blackmagic-cinema-camera/
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by briandrys.

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197376

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for the links.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.5, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197381

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
FWIW

I had the BMPCC4K on top of my personal wish list and followed a lot of reviews for quite a while. Finally, I decided not to purchase it.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197385

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Interesting video
Thanks

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197388

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
The other side of the medal - a budget approach how to optimize:

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197393

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I knew someone who had the original, and he liked it very much.

I think, on paper, it's a terrific value, especially when you compare it to most of the DSLR options in it's price range.

If you can rent one someplace nearby, you can quickly form your own opinion.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197397

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Needless to say, if you're buying any camera with this form factor you should budget for the accessories, including a number of batteries, plus ND filters (which many video cameras have built in).

As the name says, it's a cinema camera, so expect to buy accessories if you don't already have them.

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197403

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Please specify "performance".

Re: experience with the black magic pocket cinema camera 3 months, 1 week ago #197407

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
roan18 wrote:
I wish I could get BMPCC4K, but budget is tight. What do you recommend that's cheaper with even somewhat similar performance ?

The Black Magic is the cheaper option.
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top