Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Anything that doesn't fit into any other category.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problems Exporting

Problems Exporting 3 months, 2 weeks ago #168901

• IamaPanhead
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
I recently downloaded Lightworks Pro to edit some wedding videos. I just finished the first one, but when I exported it, it only showed the audio. My computer is dying fast, could that be the problem? I tried exporting it as an MOV and I am now trying AVI. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Update: it failed to export as avi
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by IamaPanhead.

Re: Problems Exporting 3 months, 2 weeks ago #168905

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello and welcome!

Most export formats in Lightworks are designed for special purposes, e.g. file interchange between applications, delivery for audio processing or broadcast.

Without knowing your footage and project settings and how the exported files will be used it's not possible to give you a meaningful advice which format is best.

Assuming that the videos will be viewed on computers locally or uploaded for streaming or file sharing, I'd suggest using "Vimeo" or "Youtube" preset from "Targets" category, both create AVC/AAC.MP4 (video codec / audio codec . container). "h.264/MP4" From "Media files" creates the same format with additional settings.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Problems Exporting 3 months, 2 weeks ago #168936

• IamaPanhead
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Thanks!

Re: Problems Exporting 3 months, 2 weeks ago #169018

• IamaPanhead
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hey, so thanks again for the advice!! Sadly, nothing is working and now my computer is saying that the individual video clips are corrupted, so I can't use my other editing software.

Re: Problems Exporting 3 months, 2 weeks ago #169024

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello again,

More information is needed to understand the nature of your problem.

Please make a screenshot of the message you see when your computer "is saying that the individual video clips are corrupted" and post it.

What other editing software has problems with MP4 files exported via Vimeo or Youtube settings?

Is it possible to play the files with a media player?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds
Scroll To Top