Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Multicam crashes

[SOLVED] Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7482

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Hey, I have some trouble with Multicam. This happens, when I want to insert the very first POV.

Btw.: Do you want us to write every single crash into the forum? To keep it clean as the community expands.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 years ago by VFB.

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7501

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 9 years ago
Do you want us to write every single crash into the forum?

I think it's probably a good idea because the scrutiny of other forum users can often help to decide whether the issue is a bug or something else (bad or unsupported media etc).

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7502

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Once they are solved by a new public version they can always be removed or put in an archived section. Once it goes open source then you will probably need a different bug tracker like most other open source projects use.

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7503

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years ago
ew, wrong attachment. sorry
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7544

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 9 years ago
Hi VFB, Can you give us some more information:
What format/compression are the clips in your sync group?
How many clips are there in your sync group?
Does this problem happen in 10.0.3?

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7554

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years ago
Sure, sorry.

I am using up to three sources but it doesn't matter even one source would crash. Format is h.264 Canon transcoded to DVCPRO 100 in LW. But that doesn't matter as well, since my test with linked MJPEG A (640x360 proxy) would crash as well with at least two sources. So I guess this is a memory problem. I am Live editing picture only (manual, page 156) It does crash with 10.0.4b and 10.0.3.

My procedure:
I make a sync group place 3 clips, click on of the sources (to be sure it's active) and then I hit my assigned key to insert a particular source (1,2 or 3). I didn't hit play yet. The crash does not happen when I hit play first which seems to be the normal way to do this?

Anyhow. A crash is never good, here is my system.nfo Edit: Maybe the file is to big? If you need it I will send it via the support form.

Also a feature request: When I use lock frame and seperate the clips to choose the position I want to sync to I can only navigate by frame increments or scrubbing but when I hit play the other sources would play along. I just wonder. This certainly is a feature itself. Nevermind my restless mouth (or finders for that matter)
Last Edit: 9 years ago by VFB.

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7590

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 9 years ago
Hi VFB, Thank you for the extra information. Does the crash occur using the shortcut "Live cut source X"?

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7592

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years ago
@Cookiecutter: Yes.

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7593

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years ago
No worries - it's fixed now
Lightworks development

Re: Multicam crashes 9 years ago #7596