Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Shortcuts stop working

[SOLVED] Shortcuts stop working 9 years, 1 month ago #7352

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Recently I have a rather annoying problem.
Since three or four days my shortcuts stop working. I checked my key assignments and I noticed that in case the shortcuts don't work there always is a key pressed. So it says: "hold d press ..." In this case the last key I could use was d. This is totally random and sometimes it's a key combination (CTRL + C or anything else you can imagine.)
Sometimes this issue simply stops and occurs again (for 10 seconds or 2 minutes). Sometimes I lose my patience and I close and reopen LW. Again, this is totally random. Can't explain.

I instantly thought my keyboard is brocken and I checked whether I experience any glitches when I write but no problems here.

I don't know if a log will help you, but here you go.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by VFB.

Re: Shortcuts stop working 9 years, 1 month ago #7355

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Hi VFB. I fixed a bug along those lines a couple of days ago, so I'm hopeful that that accounts for what you're seeing. The problem occurred when executing a modified keypress - eg. the software was expecting combinations such as CTRL <down> A <down> A <up> CTRL <up>, but if you managed to press CTRL <down> A <down> CTRL <up> A <up> then subsequent keypresses would be detected incorrectly. Conceivably, re-pressing the key combination that 'broke' things could cause the internal state to be corrected (and subsequent presses handled correctly).
Lightworks development

Re: Shortcuts stop working 9 years, 1 month ago #7356

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Yep, it is. I could reproduce your procedure and it stopped working. And thanks for the fix till the next release comes out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top