Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trimming with mouse

Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #6879

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Hey, me again. Testing the system to it's limit. No, trimming. Everything is mouse related, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much, but anyhow. Here comes my oar.

I tried to trim a little on the time-line with the right mouse button. My copy of LW behaves erratic. It works almost fine when I zoomed out totally but anything else produces strange manners. Sometimes everything works smoothly, sometimes LW crashes entirely. Here are two cab files.

I also noticed that mouse sensitivity is not consistent when I hit the end of the embracing items in my time line and actually everywhere else (a little exaggerated)

So I better stick to trimming with the nudge keys and play 1/2 speed etc.? Do you second?

Edit:
Another thingy: When I hit left mouse button on an item in my edit while the mouse cursor is accompanied by a bipolar arrow an empty Clipboard will apear.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by VFB.

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #6886

• frandesouza
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
I prefer to use the keyboard to trim. I use the mouse basically when I need to extend a previously applied effect over a major part of the timeline.

VFB wrote:
When I hit left mouse button on an item in my edit while the mouse cursor is accompanied by a bipolar arrow an empty Clipboard will apear.

That's not a bug, is normal LW behaviour.
The clipboard isn't really empty, if you insert the clipboard content into your timeline, you'll see that it contains the material you just trimmed. As I can understand, it is used for the undo function (If I'm wrong, please let me know)
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by frandesouza.

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #6907

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Another thingy: When I hit left mouse button on an item in my edit while the mouse cursor is accompanied by a bipolar arrow an empty Clipboard will apear

The left down click starts a drag/drop operation, then the left up click completes the operation - so that segment you clicked is temporarily removed from your edit, then re-added in the same place (causing the 'replaced' empty segment to be copied to the clipboard). I'll be changing this behaviour shortly so that the drag/drop doesn't start until the mouse has moved a small distance first.
Lightworks development

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #6954

• VFB
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
I think I shouldn't start another topic and since it is somehow related and very little I simply don't . This is rather a feature request. I use the mouse wheel a lot to navigate through the strip view. However, when I disable "Show audio levels" I don't expect LW to change the volume when I accidentally scroll while I'm hovering above the sound tracks.
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by VFB.

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #7126

• daylife
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
I'm experiencing some other strange mouse behaviour:
On one of my systems Lightworks entire ignores mouse movement if I move too slow. Only quick movements are recognized. This makes trimming using the mouse nearly impossible, since what I describe as "too slow" isn't actually so slow at all. The mouse is a Sweex PS2.

On another system (with a Logitech USB mouse) the mouse performs the way it should, recognizing every movement.

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #7127

• Hammerhead
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
On one of my systems Lightworks entire ignores mouse movement if I move too slow

Is it because you are zoomed right in on the timeline? I've just noticed here that you need to move the mouse at least one frame to cause a trim (and that can be quite a long way if you're zoomed in). I'll be looking to fix that issue presently.
Lightworks development

Re: Trimming with mouse 9 years, 1 month ago #7179

• daylife
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Hammerhead wrote:
On one of my systems Lightworks entire ignores mouse movement if I move too slow
Is it because you are zoomed right in on the timeline? I've just noticed here that you need to move the mouse at least one frame to cause a trim (and that can be quite a long way if you're zoomed in). I'll be looking to fix that issue presently.

Nope, it happens always, even when completely zoomed out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds
Scroll To Top