Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Right" function ignores video-track

"Right" function ignores video-track 9 years, 1 month ago #6273

• daylife
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
When fiddling around with Lightworks I encountered something strange. Usually I use the "Left" and "Right" functions to move around the cuts on the timeline (assigned to 'A' and 'S', like in Avid). But somehow I ended up with a timeline that ignores the V1 video-track when I press 'S' to go right, while the track is enabled. It works just fine when I use the 'Left' function. What happens when I press the 'Right' key is that the timeline indicator jumps to the next audio cut, like this:
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
What's also strange is that when I mark and park a section containing both video and audio, then press 'C' to copy the marked section, then press 'V' to insert it to another timeline, it only copies&pastes the audio, and ignores the video.

Re: "Right" function ignores video-track 9 years, 1 month ago #6456

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Hi daylife, I cannot explain why this has happened. What is strange though, is the very start of the V track does not look correct at all (see attached) There are no frame boundary markers and part of a blue mark remains at the start of the video clip. If you can tell us what procedure you were doing that caused this behaviour, we can try to replicate and fix the problem. If you mark/park delete this section at the start of the edit, does the "Right" key work correctly again?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: "Right" function ignores video-track 9 years, 1 month ago #6459

• daylife
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
When I set in and out marks the right key works.
I've been able to reproduce the problem: it happens when I use the drag-in-black feature on the audio track only, like this (here I right-left clicked the black on the audio-track, did nothing with the video-track, then pressed space to play and add black):
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: "Right" function ignores video-track 9 years, 1 month ago #6464

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Thanks daylife! This has now been forwarded to development.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top