Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Opacity" has no effect in "3D DVE"

"Opacity" has no effect in "3D DVE" 9 years, 1 month ago #5870

• WolfR
  • Senior Boarder
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
This is a minor, but annoying issue: the "Opacity" parameter in "3D DVE" does not seem to work. Here is an example:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

V2 is the background video, V1 is the overlay clip. (I need 3D because I have to rotate the overlay, so I cannot go back to simple DVE, where Opacity is working.) As you see above the overlay is fully visible, although my Opacity parameter is set to 50%:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Moving the slider in the configuration panel has no effect at all.

Any idea how I can fade out the overlay without adding yet another effect? (Stacking different effects in LW seems a bit unpredictable and makes the routing rather complex, so I want to avoid it where possible.)

EDIT:

I just noticed that while 3D DVE opacity is not displayed in the viewer (or full-screen display), it actually shows in the exported video! So, maybe this is just an issue of displaying the effect correctly in the viewer. (Or am I missing something?) Anyway, I guess this could be fixed easily.
Last Edit: 9 years, 1 month ago by WolfR.

Re: "Opacity" has no effect in "3D DVE" 9 years, 1 month ago #6141

• Cookiecutter
  • Administrator
    Pro User
  • Administrator
  • 9 years, 1 month ago
Hi WolfR, I can see that the opacity does not display if the Precision is set to 10-bit on the Project card, but does display when set to 8-bit. I have forwarded this onto development.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top