Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Boris FX plugin crashing

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238434

It isn't repeatable, that was the the mystery last time.
It just happens every now and then. Doesn't matter what is being worked on, even simple keyframing.
It always feels like I am playing Boris roulette.

We've set up process monitor and repeated the crash, my OH is just going through the data to make sure no personal info etc and then we'll share findings.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238447

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
One additional thought: What could make a difference in terms of stability is working with conformed media when using Boris effects, e.g. PNG image sequences, Cineform or Prores, instead of long GOP MP4, in particular if it's material downloaded somewhere from the internet.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238463

One additional thought: What could make a difference in terms of stability is working with conformed media when using Boris effects, e.g. PNG image sequences, Cineform or Prores, instead of long GOP MP4, in particular if it's material downloaded somewhere from the internet.

The example video below are some of the things I've been doing using Lightworks and Boris.
I first make the shapes in Inkscape as PNG shapes and then I add them as media in Boris.
I then keyframe them to animate them.

I'd just finished learning to use splines and had planned to move over to whole creation in Boris when this issue happened.

My OH thinks he has found something in the process monitor, but hasn't explained it yet.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238494

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
so you are using boris red, not the lwks-boris installer?
s.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238513

I'm sorry, but you'll have to clarify. I don't know what 'Boris Red' is. The only Boris products I'm using as far as I know are 'Boris FX' and Boris 'Graffiti'.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238514

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
sorry, I thought because you said you add pngs or eps in boris itself.
so not sure how you did that and thought you use another app.
s

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238515

I use the Boris plugins to animate PNG shapes. I add it as a 'media'.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238518

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Not knowing what Boris RED is isn't a shame. Even Boris FX 10 doesn't seem to know what it is, FX or RED?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Also, the plugin appears to be confused about the Boris version it's dealing with:

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238519

Actually, I have noticed that phenomena too pre and post newer version.
I never thought to bother anyone with it...

Still going through the process monitor.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238522

We reduplicated the crash and opened and saved and error log.

it has an error saying:

14:59:21.561: ** Can't add material drive 'C:\'
14:59:21.561: ** Can't add material drive 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Projects\P0036DSM\'

Note that the second path doesn't exist on my computer.
Could this be the issue?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 3 weeks, 6 days ago #238703

Hey.

So, we've looked at everything we can possibly think of and can't come up with a solution to this problem.
Would the devs like a copy of the process monitor? You may be able to see something in that we can't.I'm at a loss as to what else to do...

I'm stuck unable to do any work at the moment. I would use Boris as a standalone and do my projects in there, but there is no way to export the projects.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 3 weeks, 6 days ago #238705

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
To increase your chances of receiving feedback and support from LWKS developers, you should make sure that the issues are present with the latest beta release, which is currently 2021.2 revision 12809, and post in the beta forums referring to this release and your operating system.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 3 weeks, 6 days ago #238707

I'll do that, but this issue was originally on version 14.5 too. It's just carried over.
Thanks for your reply.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 3 weeks, 6 days ago #238708

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 6 days ago
My pleasure.

I still see issues, e.g. when starting the plugin as folded effect it passes only one frame to Boris, but I'm not able to reproduce the hassle you describe and have no clue what it could be caused by, unfortunately. Hope you have more luck with developer's support.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top