Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Boris FX plugin crashing

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238247

I downloaded the latest version and the issue is still there.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238249

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
I doubt Lightworks will be making fixes to V14.5, since that's a earlier version.

If this is the only effect not working in Boris FX, have a look in the User Custom effects to see if there's a similar effect in there. www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=7&id=188603&Itemid=81
Last Edit: 1 month ago by briandrys.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238250

It's not the only effect that's not working. It's the effect I was using when it crashed. Now ANY filter you use wont save after you 'apply' and Lightworks is frozen and has to be forced to quit.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238251

• schrauber
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I guess that "Paranormal Dissonance" has 2021.1 or the beta 2021.2 installed?

Regarding V14 license, it is possible that many (or all ?) of these licenses are also valid for 2021 (under special conditions or general goodwill arrangements, deviating from the current official sales conditions).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2021.2 || Windows 10 Home, 20H2, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238253

I have done a clean uninstall of both Boris and Lightworks in 'Revo'. I want to test the Boris plugin in Lightworks, but the layout has changed now, so I can't see where to add the plugin?

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238254

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Just to say it isn't clear that the problem will be gone with 2021.2. And, it isn't clear whether all potential issues of 2021.1 with the Boris plugins are fixed. It's just worth testing. It could well be that metadata on the Boris side got corrupted somehow on that specific effect. Personally, if I had the problem, as next step, I'd setup the same effect again over supported and well tested media to exclude this possibility.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238255

I found the plugin button and added the Boris plugin. Launched it and the issue is still the same - this is a new project with new clips and the application of a different filter without using the pixel chooser and it is having the same effect of crashing/freezing.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238256

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Is that with 2021.2?

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238259

Yes.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238261

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
OK. That makes a fix thinkable, if LWKS staff take care of the issue.

Could you create a sequence with a single clip and the troublesome effect applied and share it as Lightworks archive including media, together with a detailed description of the necessary steps to force the crash? This way others can try to reproduce the issue on their systems.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238262

Ok, how do I share an archive?
Thank you for all your help btw.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238264

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
If this is also happening with the V2021.2 beta, start a new thread in the appropriate section, with a link to this thread. That will allow the developers to quickly spot it.

If a zip file of the archive won't attach to a message because it's too large, a wet transfer could be linked to your message in the beta section.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238265

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Paranormal Dissonance wrote:
Ok, how do I share an archive?
Thank you for all your help btw.

You're welcome!

To share a Lightworks archive of a sequence, from the export menu of the sequence select 'Backup.Lightworks archive'. On the panel enable all switches to include media and export. This creates a folder (the archive). Zip the folder and attach it with your response. If the file size exceed 20 MB, the size limit for attachments, you can use wetransfer and post a link: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=233061&limit=15&limitstart=15&Itemid=81#233211
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238295

Hey - I posted the archive twice but it doesn't seem to be here. Is in pending for moderation?

Re: Boris FX plugin crashing 1 month ago #238298

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
There is no file attached to your message, it may be too large to be posted in the forum.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
Scroll To Top