Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing

Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221342

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
it used to work properly with no issues even when I had a lot of layers but now its loading on every action I take if I try to preview a previous minute if I add a new layer basically any action takes time.
I don't have many useless things on startup but I still checked.
I did, clean up
I deleted recycle bin

I even went to System settings and change Visual to "for best performance"

I did all this just in case the Laptop was getting slow but nothing changed

This is my system:-

Processor: Intel core i7-5600-U CPU @260GHz
RAM: 8GB
64-bit

used to work ok now it's like this not sure what's up

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221343

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Could you post a screenshot of your timeline fully zoomed out, without leading and trailing black, and a Mediainfo report of typical footage you are using. please?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221345

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

Could you post a screenshot of your timeline fully zoomed out, without leading and trailing black, and a Mediainfo report of typical footage you are using. please?

its a new project just started it
here is the pic what do you mean by mediainfo report.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Mada Craiz. Reason: added mediainfo

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221347

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
With Mediainfo report I meant what you posted as file intro1.txt.

Unfortunately, neither this timeline nor the media format show any obvious reason for Lightworks slowing down you computer.

Is the timeline marker placed on the clip the mediainfo refers to?

What kind of effect have you applied there? If it's an Image Key what dimensions (X/Y pixel count) has the image?

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221348

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
hugly wrote:
With Mediainfo report I meant what you posted as file intro1.txt.

Unfortunately, neither this timeline nor the media format show any obvious reason for Lightworks slowing down you computer.

Is the timeline marker placed on the clip the mediainfo refers to?

What kind of effect have you applied there? If it's an Image Key what dimensions (X/Y pixel count) has the image?

no the timeline marker is on the file called purple BG vid.txt and the picture is Logo.txt

the picture is at
x 0.50
y 0.35

with scale at
master 0.7
y 1
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221353

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
The image shouldn't be the cause of the trouble, but the source resolution of your video (3840x2160, QFHD) in combination with low graphics memory could be..

The thing you should try first is restarting your computer to free possibly allocated memory of other applications and Lightworks itself.

After restart, don't start any other application, including internet browsers, start Lightworks and reduce the load on the GPU by reducing the preview resolution. Click on 'Project' up left and from 'Video.Output.Formats' select '720p' and the lowest available frame rate, e.g. '24 fps' in a 24 fps project.

If that isn't enough, which I suspect, try the internal proxy workflow and see what happens:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221355

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Yea I did that didn't work either I just took that video and put it on a new sequence then exported it and then used the resulting video as a main source didn't know how to reduce the video in any other way it kinda works but looks like my laptop isn't strong enough ha

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221358

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I suspect you did something wrong with the proxy workflow. Exporting and reimporting also works, but is uncomfortable, can cause quality losses and is slower than proxies.

In "PurpleBGvid.txt" I also see:
keyint=infinite

This means that the video is extremely optimized for a small file size (few reference frames), which is very bad for video editing.
If you created this file yourself (perhaps with a video converter program), you should use other settings in the future.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221359

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
schrauber wrote:
I suspect you did something wrong with the proxy workflow. Exporting and reimporting also works, but is uncomfortable, can cause quality losses and is slower than proxies.

keyint=infinite

This means that the video is extremely optimized for a small file size (few reference frames), which is very bad for video editing.
If you created this file yourself (perhaps with a video converter program), you should use other settings in the future.

No I just got it online royalty free videos. I'll try the proxy work flow again does it only effect the project pre exporting or does it also effect the output. I'll also read more about proxy workflow

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221364

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Usually the proxies are not used for export, but the imported media in better quality.

However, if Lightworks cannot access the imported media (media offline), but still has access to the proxies, Lightworks exports the proxies (poor quality)..
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 month ago by schrauber.

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221365

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
schrauber wrote:
keyint=infinite
I missed that. This isn't just bad for video editing, it's a no-go with Lightworks.

I'd recommend using Handbrake to convert this video. Here you'll find suitable settings:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81#209009

Since the Free version of Lightworks supports export resolutions up to 720p only, using sources of higher resolution is pointless. I'd suggest scaling your video to 1280x720 when converting.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221391

• Mada Craiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Thanks a lot Hugly & Schrauber for the assistance!!

Re: Lightworks is suddenly slow in everthing 1 month ago #221393

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Your're welcome!

Finally, what did you do to fix the problem?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top