Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Replace the word 'Repair' with 'Relink' in 'Media.Repair' [feature]

Replace the word 'Repair' with 'Relink' in 'Media.Repair' [feature] 1 month ago #221324

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
I've posted something similar a while ago, but apparently it has been ignored. My second attempt, maybe implementable with the next release?

The function 'Media.Repair' is supposed to create link files if they are missing, due to deleted clips, damaged link files, missing media locations, or whatever else the cause may be.

The need of repairing something associates that it's damaged. Consequently, 'Media,Repair' associates that media are damaged, but that isn't the case. Not media are damaged, but some link files cannot be found. Link file are internal data structures, nothing a user is, or should be, aware of. Beside of that, the internal logic isn't documented anywhere and it has issues. Even if no link file is missing, as soon as more than one clip is selected in the content manager, it shows 'Media.Repair', which is wrong information, because nothing has to or will be repaired, the app just relinks to the new location.

To reduce the confusion, please consider replacing all instances of the menu entry 'Media.Repair' with 'Media.Relink'. After executing the function, if link files are missing, the dialogue can tell.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
Scroll To Top