Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue]

HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 3 days ago #221269

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
The issue appeared so far with HEVC video recorded with different devices (iPhone, GoPro, unknown Android phone) shared in three discussions: #219500 in beta forums, #220590 and #220805 in regular forums.

The titles of those discussion don't point to the essential problem, which is frame jumps and duplicate sections with HEVC. With the material shared in #220805, I made a screen recording which shows it clearly:

Skipping in the timeline with the mouse forces the issue. When repeating with a newly imported clip, the positions of the frame jumps are not random, they are reproducible, maybe related to special frame types, perhaps keyframes?

I'm not sure if this problem is limited to h.265/HEVC. I can well imagine that it applies to h.264/AVC as well, under certain conditions.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by hugly.

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221306

• rominacl07
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
I have the same issue, it's driving me insane! I'm not able to continue editing until I figure out how to solve this. I too tried two different devices and it's always the same frames where it jumps, sometimes back and sometimes forward.

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221307

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Hello,

Could you share a sample on a file sharing service of your choice, e.g. wetransfer.com/ , please?

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221308

• rominacl07
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
This is it. In this specific sample it goes back, but it also goes forward sometimes which is more frustrating because I'm speaking throughout the video and I just have to take parts off it.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221309

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Unfortunately, obviously a misunderstanding.

I believe what you've told. A sample of the critical footage (the source video which creates the problem) would help to find the best way to fix the problem, if you can share one?

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221310

• rominacl07
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Sure, if I'm not wrong I need your email address to send it through wetransfer? I'm sorry about that, I just started using lightworks yesterday and I'm a bit lost.

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221312

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
On Wetransfer, you can select 'Get transfer link', which needs neither any e-mail address nor registration.

Re: HEVC frame jumps and duplicate sections [issue] 3 days, 11 hours ago #221613

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
Anything new on this?

Perhaps, I misunderstood your last post and you don't wish sharing your footage with a public download link? If so, you can use this e-mail address to send me the link: hugly@t-online.de
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds
Scroll To Top