Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue]

'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220745

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I think that this issue has survived 11 months of public beta testing tells a lot about the usefulness of public beta testing without systematic internal testing, in general.

Open a clip in a viewer, mark a section somewhere in the middle of the clip, right-click on the viewer and execute 'Make.Sequence'. On the panel select 'Whole clip' and click 'create'. Instead of the whole clip, the created sequence contains the marked section.

Even if there's no marked section, but just the timeline marker positioned away from clip start, the 'Whole clip' setting is ignored and the start frame of the sequence represents the position of the timeline marker on the clip.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220749

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Experimenting with one clip using make sequence, Lightworks closes every time.

I've attached an error log.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220792

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I've never seen the point of that function. Mark your first clip, press "b" and you have a new sequence. That has always created a sequence when none is open, ever since day 1.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220793

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
jwrl wrote:
I've never seen the point of that function.

I appreciate firm points of view.

Mine is different, I find the basic idea behind that newly invented functions on the panel helpful. Just, they have to work, reliably, based on systematic internal tests, prior to any public release.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220811

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Can't repeat the reported failure to respect Mark/Park for Make/Sequence.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Note the duration of the mark/park and created sequence length are the same

LW has always taken un-marked inserts from the play-head position to the end of clip - that's quite useful - it remains very useful for Make/Sequence

EDIT - Apologies the report is the other way around - will check that later.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by RWAV.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220812

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I appreciate your courage to join this thread.

I think it isn't beneficial for the reputation of Lightworks to bump up discussions like this, with clear evidence of sloppy development and internal testing, over and over again.

Those who are addressed, have surely taken notice and hopefully action.

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220813

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
On a quick look - seems the command respects mark-in/mark-out but not mark/park. Grrr!

Have to double check that.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month, 2 weeks ago #220815

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for all your efforts - the unadorned operational facts need to be told without second-guessing unknown third parties' responses.
BETA System
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: 'Make.Sequence' ignores 'Whole clip' settings [issue] 1 month ago #221218

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Open a clip in a viewer, mark a section somewhere in the middle of the clip, right-click on the viewer and execute 'Make.Sequence'. On the panel select 'Whole clip' and click 'create'. Instead of the whole clip, the created sequence contains the marked section

Thanks all - that's now fixed (in the next build)
Lightworks Development
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top