Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Artifacts on Blu-Ray SD export from progressive source [issue]

Artifacts on Blu-Ray SD export from progressive source [issue] 1 month, 4 weeks ago #219940

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 4 weeks ago
As far as I can remember, I reported this already in another context, a few months ago, unfortunately without sharing some samples. Perhaps the missing samples have lead to the misunderstanding that there isn't an issue or that it can be safely ignored.

The issue is not present with v14.5, but with 2020.1. I've attached the source file and files exported with V14.5 and 2020. The problem is visible all over the frame, but the BITC panel makes it even more obvious.

I think that the issue isn't limited to progressive sources only, it exists when using interlaced media as well.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Artifacts on Blu-Ray SD export from progressive source [issue] 1 month ago #221290

• bestna
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month ago
That was one of the strings I was going to connect for you. There were non-TmpGenc alternatives. In the event that you are not giving a Blu-beam legitimate arrangement, it must be DVD lawful, for example MPEG2-DVD. It can't simply be SD. So what configuration is your SD you are needing to utilize? Be that as it may, you don't need to transcode it to MPEG2 Blu-beam. Use MPEG2 DVD. Also, the ordinary DVD bitrates are fine, which keeps the filesize down. I simply did a test, and an exemplary SD avi and a 4K h.264, both sent out from PR as MPEG2-DVD, imported to Reprise as "Don't transcode" for the BD status. In any case, an odd wmv I had that is 1280x720 would not work.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
Last Edit: 1 month ago by bestna.

Re: Artifacts on Blu-Ray SD export from progressive source [issue] 1 month ago #221292

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
bestna wrote:
That was one of the strings I was going to connect for you.

Interesting.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top