Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing.

Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing. 2 months ago #219398

Hello,
I have imported about 40 or 50 videos I believe into Lightworks to make a video, but about 5 or 10 minutes after editing, the audio desyncs. The music starts playing a second or two after I click play and the exact same for when I hit pause. To fix this I have to restart my system 2-3 times but it is recurring, and you can imagine the pain to keep restarting it. I've heard you could use proxies to possibly lower the quality of the video while editing so that lower end systems could edit without all the hassle. Is this a thing and if so could someone show me? If not are there alternatives to fix my issue.
If you need my specs just ask, I am almost positive its because of my computer.

Re: Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing. 2 months ago #219399

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Initially you could try proxy editing.

Please look at the last two message here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=219368&Itemid=81#219393

Re: Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing. 2 months ago #219400

Thank you for the directions. Currently trying it out now. So if it doesn't work I could possibly lower the proxy quality to see if it helps with performance?

Re: Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing. 2 months ago #219402

Seems to have worked, sometimes I have to close it but a lot more fluid!

Re: Audio desyncs after a couple minutes of editing. 2 months ago #219416

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
The weird thing is, when using proxies for all video media, Lightworks 2020.1 is supposed not to show any audio delay on start/stop, even after hours of editing.

There's one known exception: After returning from sleep mode with Lightworks running, audio playback starts significantly delayed on start/stop. Restarting the application fixes the issue.

If you use now internal proxy media for all your videos in your current timeline and you are forced to restart Lightworks from time to time to fix delayed audio playback, nevertheless, you've posted in the right category: Bugs.

Can you crosscheck and confirm that this issue still occurs on your system, even when using proxies for all videos?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds
Scroll To Top