Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: v2020.1 Drag/drop problem with one sequence into another

v2020.1 Drag/drop problem with one sequence into another 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218701

• philkw
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I created a sequence with a single clip (video & audio). The clip was then broken into several pieces and speed changes applied to some, also some titles added. When I tried to add this sequence into the main sequence by drag & drop, only part of the new sequence was added. On investigation, I found that the red current frame cursor was not at the origin and only the part of the sequence to the right of the cursor was being included in the drag drop. I tried to position the cursor at the origin and re-save the new sequence (implicitly by reloading the main sequence. I don't know how to save explicitly) but it made no difference. I copied the new sequence successfully using copy/paste. Later, after more editing of the new sequence, I tried drag/drop again. This time it copied the whole sequence but omitted the audio track. On investigation, the audio track had been disabled while editing another track. Re-enabling the audio track was not saved. Again I used copy/paste and all of the contents of the new sequence were copied but titles were no longer transparent.
A further problem I had with drag/drop was with the 'insert' mode. With the new sequence hovering over the drop point in the main sequence, I pressed the shift key. The legend at the cursor changed to "insert" but when I released the mouse button, the content under the new material was replaced.

Re: v2020.1 Drag/drop problem with one sequence into another 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218709

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Drag and drop operations in Lightworks respect the timeline marker position and marked sections on the source. Does that explain one part of your problem?

Unfortunaely I cannot reproduce any malfunction when toggling replace/insert via the Shift key. Could you share a screen recording which shows the malicious procedure?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top