Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: mp4 video source - black screen and audio sped up (chipmunk voice) when in Edit mode

mp4 video source - black screen and audio sped up (chipmunk voice) when in Edit mode 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218631

• jbernwan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi
I could really use some help figuring this problem out. My video source is a download from Microsoft Streams ( I recorded a Teams meeting 57 minutes long). Booooring...so I need to edit into small clips.

When I load the mp4 into Lwks - the video in the edit box shows black and audio is sped up to chipmunk levels

If I load the same video into iMovie, it's works fine. I would much rather edit in Lwks because I know how to use it and it's more versatile.

I'm using a Mac . Here are the basic specs of the video:
size - 318 MB

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: mp4 video source - black screen and audio sped up (chipmunk voice) when in Edit mode 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218640

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Unfortunately, the basic specs don't tell what could be wrong.

Lightworks 2020 has been released. If you still run V14.5 or earlier, please upgrade to 2020.1, create a new project, import the video and see what happens.

If the problem persists, please post a Mediainfo report. Here you'll find directions:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: mp4 video source - black screen and audio sped up (chipmunk voice) when in Edit mode 2 months, 1 week ago #218864

• jbernwan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Thank you Hugly,
Downloading Lightworks 2020 did the trick. Playback and editing works now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top