Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Crashing...Again

Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218362

• James_Barton44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I am trying to open my project, however lightworks keeps crashing. I put a lot of work into the video and i dont want to delete it

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218363

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello again,

That's understandable. I'm still waiting for your response to this question. Have you been able to fix your problem described there?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218364

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
You haven't provided the information requested in an earlier thread on this issue:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=216356&Itemid=81

Usually projects are safe, so it's a matter of finding the cause. You thought it was a memory issue.

Hugly requested

some more information about your system and media would be helpful. Your computer specs and a Mediainfo report of the footage, maybe?

Attaching a zip file of the error log may also help. This is found in C: Users > Public > Public Documents > Lightworks > Logs

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218365

• James_Barton44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
No. I am able to edit. Its getting from the project menu to the actual editing place. I try to open the project, but it crashes while loading it.

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218366

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
And if you're concerned about privacy, we are interested in the operating system but not any licencing or personal information about that system. The processor used and its speed, and the amount of RAM (memory) that you have on your system plus details of your display card would also be extremely helpful.

Without that information it ranges from difficult to impossible to diagnose the problem.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Crashing while opening project 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218367

• James_Barton44
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Here is what i mean. I really don't want to delete. I put decent work into it. It end abruptly because it crashed
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218368

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
The story appears to continue here:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=218367&Itemid=81#218367

If James_Barton44 simply ignores what people are asking them, who can help?
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218369

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
James_Barton44 wrote:
Here is what i mean. I really don't want to delete. I put decent work into it. It end abruptly because it crashed

Are your ready to answer some questions and to share some files?

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218370

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
@hugly
I've moved that into this thread.

@James_Barton44
Please keep all the messages dealing with this issue in this thread. Creating new ones just creates confusion

Re: Crashing...Again 2 months, 2 weeks ago #218385

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
James_Barton44 wrote:
I try to open the project, but it crashes while loading it.

From your other thread:
James_Barton44 wrote:
Whenever im trying to adjust speed of a clip, it would crash. I think its a memory space issue.

It seems likely to me that one of these crashes has damaged a file which probably stores layout information.
If the sequence within the project is corrupted, or the complexity, Contained Media, Effects, in combination with the project resolution exceeds your system resources, then this may also be a reason why your project cannot be opened.
Therefore, you have been asked such details in the previous posts, which just haven't been answered completely. Depending on the reason, there are often ways to reduce the system load. Maybe you have not seen some posts yet, so I recommend to read the whole thread again.

To re-enter your project you have the following options:

- You can accept the help of @hugly, who has already repaired many projects of many users, and can also give you optimization tips. For this he needs more information and / or maybe also files from you:hugly wrote:
Are your ready to answer some questions and to share some files?

- If you'd rather try trial and error (requires knowledge of flexible layout and possibly more):
First you should make a copy of the Lightworks folder, because failed repair attempts can cause even more damage, or data like milestones can be lost.
On Windows, this is the path to the Lightworks folder:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks

Afterwards you can try what was briefly summarized in another thread:
schrauber wrote:
I would first test if I can open the project in the flexible layout. If necessary open a new room with the right mouse button (after switching to flexible).

If that works, you would have to test if the sequence works (for all timeline positions).
If not, you should try to repair the sequence.
If the sequence works without repair, then it is likely that something in the fixed layout of the project is damaged.
In this case, for example, the error-free project contents could be copied into a new project.

This is of course only a short overview, and may require more detailed knowledge.
A new empty room in a flexible layout also has the advantage that this room does not contain an open sequence, so I can still enter the project regardless of potential problems with a sequence. With some tricks, the system load can be reduced or sometimes even damaged sequences can be repaired, which is not easy.

Also, you should make sure that the original crash problem is fixed.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by schrauber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top