Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: lightworks crashes when i login

lightworks crashes when i login 2 weeks, 1 day ago #214430

• mika109
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
can someone help me because i dont know what to do. when i open the program there seems nothing wrong. but when i enter my login and press continue, the program closes.

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 2 weeks, 1 day ago #214434

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

I assume that you run Windows, and you have been using Lightworks for a while, and the problem appeared suddenly, perhaps after a crash.

Please try: Delete the file 'Templates.Cache', located in the folder
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Effect Templates

If the crash on login persists, zip and post your entire 'Logs' folder, please.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Logs
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 1 week, 6 days ago #214497

• mika109
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
here is the folder.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 1 week, 6 days ago #214555

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Difficult.

The logs show a lot of crashes. I suspect that's caused by some of your media media having a format not well suitable for editing and thus demanding to decode together with only 4 GB of RAM on your machine. One of the logs shows available memory of less than one GB which is not enough for stable operations with not conformed media.

One of the crashes might have caused data corruption, which would explain the trouble. Trial and error is the only way I see for trying to return to normal operations and strict media management with your future projects to keep you there.

Do you need any of your existing projects?

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 1 week, 6 days ago #214560

• mika109
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
well im a starting youtuber. i have 2 videos i realy wanna edit and lightworks is my go to program. and when i got this laptop lightwork worked perfectly fine

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 1 week, 6 days ago #214563

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Please could you follow the directions in this sticky, so that users can see the technical details of your source media; www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: lightworks crashes when i login 1 week, 6 days ago #214564

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
To say it more dramatically: If you feed Lightworks running on a low powered machine with only 4GB of RAM with not conformed highly compressed long GOP media from random sources, it's just a matter of time to face instability.

With your future edits I strongly recommend converting all your media to a suitable and well know format prior to importing.

However, these facts don't solve your current problem. Hoping to find a fix, let's start some trial and error .

First, make a copy of the Lightworks user folder and move it to a safe place.
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks

Then, delete the files 'license.*' ('license.dat', 'license.xml', 'license.est' whichever exists) from the Lightworks user folder. Restart your computer, do not start any other application and try again.
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top