Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract.

Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 6 days ago #207391

• WindowNipples
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I dont know how to articulate this shortly. I record with Streamlabs obs and edit using Lightworks. When I have no microphone audio The desktop footage records with no issues. When recording audio with a microphone at the same time, the recording made by obs is fine but when I try to edit it in Lightworks, it doubles the desktop audio. So I have my video, audio 1 and 2 like normal. audio 5 is my voice but also the desktop audio again. When listening to the raw file that was made by OBS this problem is not there, the desktop audio is played back once with my microphone audio. Is there a way to fix this?

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 6 days ago #207399

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Hello,

The sounds like wrong recording settings.

In 'Filters.Clips' right-click on the clip and from 'Clip Commands' select 'Make.Sequence'. Open the new sequence, right-click on the timeline and from 'Sequence Commands' select 'Tracks.Make Stereo' pairs. Now, you can monitor your recording, By enabling/disabling tracks you can find out what went wrong.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 4 days ago #207509

• WindowNipples
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
Also I tested it with another basic editing program and it is just lightworks.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 4 days ago #207510

• WindowNipples
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
How do I find the filters category? I cant seem to find anything that references filters or clips in the menus.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 4 days ago #207512

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
You'll find 'Filters.Clips' upper left hand side in EDIT and LOG mode. It's part of the 'Project Contents' panel.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 3 days ago #207551

• WindowNipples
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 3 days ago
It seems that the microphone audio doubled. I now have audio 1 and 2 which are stereo desktop audio and audio 3 and 4 which are the microphone/desktop audio but doubled, for some reason make stereo did not make it stereo and I can not select the make stereo option, even as I revert the changes or make a new sequence. I believe what ever my problem is, probably needs tech support at this point. Thank you for your help.

Edit, oops well support is 2000 dollars that aint happening today.
Last Edit: 1 week, 3 days ago by WindowNipples.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 2 days ago #207560

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
You should seriously consider that your settings for audio recording are wrong, in first place. I think Lightworks support, won't help you with a problem caused be wrong recorder settings.

Re: Desktop Audio records in microphone audio tract. 1 week, 2 days ago #207563

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Just to clarify, information on some technical details:

Lightworks shows audio tracks with multiple channels as multiple tracks, e.g. 2 tracks for stereo, 6 tracks for 5.1 surround.

The function 'Tracks.Make Stereo pairs' does nothing else than grouping pairs of tracks in the timeline and setting the panning of the audio mixer to full channel separation (left/right), it doesn't change the track layout. Grouped tracks are marked by a thin vertical blue line between the track names left hand side on the timeline. Once applied, the menu entry 'Make Stereo pairs' is greyed out. New empty sequences are created by default with two stereo track pairs, consequently 'Make Stereo pairs' on new empty sequences is greyed out.

Mind you, normal media players assume multi-track audio to represent multiple languages, they don't mix the tracks, you can switch them. In other words: What you hear in a media player by default is track number one (channels 1 & 2, if stereo). If you hear desktop audio and voice-over with a regular media player, you have mixed them already while recording on track 1.

Hope that helps anybody.
Last Edit: 1 week, 2 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top