Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Media Offline after archiving

Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207085

Hi.

I have a big project that I finished editing on my laptop, however, the project was too much to export on my laptop because Lightworks would not quit crashing. To remedy this, I created an export and moved the entire project to my desktop.

Everything looked fine: The entire sequence and all of my video and audio files were transferred and there BUT, there are 2 video files that read as "media offline". This is strange to me as they were located in the same folder as the other media on my laptop, so to my knowledge there should be no reason as for their offline appearance.

Please Help.

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207086

Sorry for double posting. In first paragraph I said "Created an export" and meant an archive.

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207088

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Hello,

What OS version and Lightworks version do you run on your laptop and your desktop?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207090

Laptop: 14.5.0.0
Desktop:14.0.0.0

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207092

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
And the OS?

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207093

Laptop: Windows 10 Home OS 18362.418
Desktop: Windows 10 Home OS 18362.356

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207096

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Thanks.

I assume that you have imported all media via Create Link (not Transcode, not Copy Local) and, you have included linked an local media to the selection when exporting the archive?

Would you mind posting screenshots from the 'Metadata' panel in Log mode for both clips?. Make sure by resizing the panel that all metadata are visible.

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207100

I selected the three options when I was creating the archive. I am not sure what you mean by create link but I will walk you through my steps.
-created backup on laptop, selecting all three settings.
-I uploaded that archive to my google drive, then downloaded it from google drive to my desktop.
-Upon downloading, it created 3 separate downloads. 1) The archive file with all but two video files. 2) My facecam video file(one of the "offline" medias) 3) Another archive file with the OTHER offline video file (This was the only thing in that archive file).

I did this twice. I created the first archive and none of my editing was there but it downloaded the 3 separate files. Upon doing it my second time, the edited sequence WAS there but it also did 3 files and those two medias are offline.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207102

Heres the metadata.
Attachments:

Re: Media Offline after archiving 2 weeks, 3 days ago #207125

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
A Lightworks archive is one single folder containing all media types selected when creating, no matter if created from a sequence, a bin, or a project. I wonder why the Google donwload split the folder into pieces.

Anyway, from what I see, it should be possible to relink the two clips. For each clip, right-click on the thumbnail and select 'Media.Relink missing' or 'Media.Repair', whatever appears. Navigate to the folder containing the clip and click 'Ok'.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds
Scroll To Top