Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Random frames inserted during export

Random frames inserted during export 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203991

• SSherris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
This is hard to describe - I've been using Lwks for a few years and have never experienced this. Running 14.5.0.0 on Win 10 with 16GB RAM.

I noticed when I was exporting my project that random artifacts were popping up on the sequence screen (not the rendering screen). When I viewed the final result, there was constant flickers - every 5-10 seconds. When I looked frame-by-frame I noticed 2 different things happening.

1) Every so often, a frame from ~10 frames prior was inserted in the video creating a weird flicker when viewed. This does not appear when viewing the sequence in Lwks.

2) Every do often a frame from the inset video is shown. (The inset video in this case is a game clock which had its own video source. It had 2 different effects applied - first a 3D DVE effect to rotate it along XYZ to appear square and second a 2D DVE effect to shrink it, trim it, and place it in the upper corner.) The frame that pops up randomly come from after the 3D DVE is applied but before the 2D DVE is applied. I can't tell if this frame is from the same moment or !10 frames earlier because the game clock only changes once per second or less.

I'm not really sure how to proceed - there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my video composition. My computer is the same I've been using for 2 years. Has anyone seen this before?

2 examples attached. One set of 3 frames from 0:53.23-0:53.25 shows the clock issue. The other set of 3 frames from 1:02.11-1:02.13 shows how an earlier frame was inserted. To show this I pulled the rendered MP4 file into a new sequence in Lightworks.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Random frames inserted during export 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203993

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: Random frames inserted during export 2 months, 4 weeks ago #203994

• SSherris
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Not nearly as bad as that, but possibly yeah. This is 1 glitch every 5-10 seconds. Also I've never used a beta - I'm still on 14.5 release

Re: Random frames inserted during export 2 months, 3 weeks ago #204003

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

This is indeed a weird phenomenon. Does it appear randomly or is the position of the wrong frames reproducible, even when exporting a marked section of parts of the sequence?

To find out, burned-in timecode (BITC) might help. First, make sure that 'Project.Video.Output.Format' matches your export settings, e.g. 720p 29.97 fps. Press F4 to open the file card, switch to the 'BITC' panel, and select the track with the video which shows the problem, e.g. 'V1'. Under 'Label', enable 'Primary T/C' and move the BITC display to reasonable position. Export and reimport the video (or parts of it) and compare the preview with the exported file.

Can you find a frame with different primary T/C or, the same primary T/C on different frames.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top