Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Slipping/sliding cuts with the mouse does not snap to start/end/cut points of other cuts

Slipping/sliding cuts with the mouse does not snap to start/end/cut points of other cuts 3 days, 16 hours ago #203275

• frevi
  • Junior Boarder
  • 3 days, 16 hours ago
This is on 14.5.0.0

When I hold down [Alt] to drag a cut on one track without altering other cuts on other tracks, when I drag the cut with the mouse, the cut does not snap exactly to match other cuts (as I expect it to). This is true even if the other tracks are on. It seems like it may be off by the width of the white/yellow bracket's horizontal line (so how far off it is depends on how zoomed in I am). Sometimes it's close. Sometimes if I drag it more it does click into place, but it seems like that's true only if I let go of the [Alt] key. But that then seems to result in other tracks being either slipped or slid (I can't tell) by a tiny corresponding amount, which causes audio to become unsynced with corresponding video. If I turn off a track, then [Alt]-dragging does not seem to snap to the cuts of tracks which are off.

It also seems true it the [Alt] key is not held down...I think.

Of course, If I zoom in too close, dragging a cut with the mouse just doesn't work at all. This does not surprise me, but it really should work no matter how zoomed in you are.

I will post a corresponding question elsewhere about moving cuts without using the mouse...

thx

Re: Slipping/sliding cuts with the mouse does not snap to start/end/cut points of other cuts 3 days, 13 hours ago #203297

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 13 hours ago
You can use the keyboard, please see your other thread. www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=203278&Itemid=81
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top