Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio Lag within Lightworks

Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202615

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Hi. I'm back.

I'm facing a problem solely within lightworks that is currently making it very hard to do projects.

My audio lags by 4-5 secs and usually starts within 4-6 minutes of editing if I switch between projects that time will decrease to about 2 mins. On export however the audio is back to normal. The problem here lies within the fact that my projects tend to rely heavily on music as such playback is crucial to ensure right positioning, virtually impossible with so much lag.

I'm firstly inquiring about what the max recommended time for a light works project is because projects tend to lag more when they're longer. Im currently working on something that's about 2 mins long (so far) and as soon as I open that project to work on it. The lag is immense. Restarting the program usto work but now it does nothing.

Secondly, do effects such as text, colour manipulation so on and so forth usually affect the program's ability to playback efficaciously?

Thirdly my audio is not linked to video... actually it is.. in some places but alot of the video is just text over music. Then there is video which has audio that I put text over. Is that leading to lag too? Because to get all of that in there I have to do dve's then text more than once...

Fourthly can numerous (over 20) imports lead to lag?

Lastly how can i fix this?

I have read these 2 threads which relate to my problem but one seems to have never been solved and the other doesn't apply to me they are linked below respectively.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=187566&Itemid=81

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=187950&Itemid=81#188183

Link one shows a very explicit workup of what I have no idea but I think I might have to get it? Can anyone tell me with exact detail how?

I've also tried this solution which was offered within thread one and it did nothing for me just as them. neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/
A quick death is all I ask for. Please.

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202617

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Please could you provide the specification of your your computer, including CPU, RAM graphics card etc.

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202618

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Hello,

It could be that you are encountering a phenomenon which I call "audio monitor delay". Here you'll find some test videos to measure it on your machine and an explanation of the phenomenon.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=130612&Itemid=81#130612

Massive use of internal proxies will help reducing audio monitor delay on low powered machines, but in most cases, it won't disappear entirely.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202630

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
briandrys wrote:
Please could you provide the specification of your your computer, including CPU, RAM graphics card etc.

how would I find this info? As stated above I don't know how.

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202631

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
hugly wrote:
Hello,

It could be that you are encountering a phenomenon which I call "audio monitor delay". Here you'll find some test videos to measure it on your machine and an explanation of the phenomenon.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=130612&Itemid=81#130612

Massive use of internal proxies will help reducing audio monitor delay on low powered machines, but in most cases, it won't disappear entirely.

Oki I've checked it out, but I really don't know what most of what's being said means. I've downloaded and tried out the video blip thing and i'm pretty sure it's not playing the way it's supposed too. When changing frame rates in 30fps it tends to freeze for a sec then continue on as normal... or is that normal? I don't think so?

I really don't know what to do...

Thank you for replying

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 6 days ago #202632

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Gluhss wrote:

If you go to the control panel on your computer > system and security > system that will give the basic details.

Or go to settings > system > about

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 5 days ago #202646

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Gluhss wrote:
I really don't know what to do...

The next step would be trying the internal proxy workflow:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 4 days ago #202674

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
briandrys wrote:
Gluhss wrote:

If you go to the control panel on your computer > system and security > system that will give the basic details.

Or go to settings > system > about

I hope this info is what you're looking for.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Audio Lag within Lightworks 1 week, 4 days ago #202675

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I would try the internal proxy editing to see if that assists your computer.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds
Scroll To Top