Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Stops responding while trying to overlay text

Stops responding while trying to overlay text 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202181

• Sureitis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
So I've been using lightworks since perhaps January of last year. Up until now, I haven't done much in it outside of throwing pictures together with some music in the background. But recently, I attempted to overlay some text over the picture and the program stopped responding. I waited a few minutes and it remained frozen, so I closed it and opened it up again. The same thing happened. So the next time I opened that project, I tried to remove the text. It froze when I tried to do that. So then next time I opened it I tried to just click away from the VFX section, and it crashed yet again. So essentially I can't move around in that particular project at all without it crashing. I tried just waiting it out, but that didn't work either.

I'm using version 14.5 (64bit) (110128) on Windows 10. I use an HP 15.6 Inch HD Notebook (2018) (8.00 GB ram) (standard disk drives).

I very much appreciate any help provided. Thank you.

Re: Stops responding while trying to overlay text 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202182

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please could you provide more information about the video you're edition. Follow the directions here: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Also more about your computer, the CPU and graphics card etc.

Re: Stops responding while trying to overlay text 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202185

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Perhaps a few undo steps can bring you back to stability?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds
Scroll To Top