Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Special effects

Special effects 1 month ago #201740

I will try to be as specific as possible. There is a clip that I am editing. But I zoomed too far out when I was video taping it. So I decided to fix this by using the 2D DVE. I used the keyframes with the Master scale button, so It would stay zoomed in rather than zoomed out. Of course this worked. But in that scene, I also wanted text. So I added my text. But it wouldn't show because the 2 DVE was above it! Now the simple answer would be to have both of these effects together on one Fx track. That would work, but I wanted both of these effects to appear at different times in that shot. So the bug is that either when there are to effects on one FX track, I can't time them differently, but when they are on two different tracks, the first FX track overlaps the second, so only one effect appears. I hope you understood this, and I hope I haven't missed something obvious. Thank you!

Information:
Lightworks14.5.0.0 (109545) - Oct 2 2018, I believe it is the 64-Bit

Attachment error.log not found

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Special effects 1 month ago #201743

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
In VFX mode, with the timeline marker at the position which shows the problem, switch to the Routing panel upper left hand side, make a screenshot and post it, please.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Special effects 1 month ago #201751

For some reason, it appears to be fine . This is a replica of what I was doing. I have finished with my original project so I don't want to mess with it anymore. Sorry to bother you. If it happens with another project, I will immediately take a scrn shot of the routing.
~thank you

Re: Special effects 1 month ago #201752

Sorry, I believe I replied to the topic, so head over there.

Re: Special effects 1 month ago #201756

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
For your future projects: With the routing you show, the DVE on FX1 scales both, the Titles on FX2 and the clip on V1. You've applied the Titles first, the DVE afterwards. Rewiring won't work in this case without breaking the Titles (at least with current V14.5).

One possible approach to fix: Apply the effects in the right order when creating, first the DVE, then the Titles. The DVE will appear on FX2 and Titles on FX1. Now, the DVE scales only the video.

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top