Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks

Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 2 weeks ago #200867

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
After upgrading to the new Lightworks(free version) I have been unable to import audio files(artlist music). Files are not supported. I had no such problem with the old Lightworks. Do I need to convert/transcode wav audio files so they can be imported into Lightworks? What do I convert/transcode them to?

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 2 weeks ago #200868

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
When you say "upgrading to the new Lightworks" what do you mean? What version number are we talking about? WAV files import into version 14.5 here with no problems whatsoever on a Windows 10 system.

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 2 weeks ago #200877

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Could you post a Mediainfo report of a WAV file which doesn't work please, or even better, share some samples on a file sharing service of your choice, e.g. wetransfer.com/ ?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 2 weeks ago #200929

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I have the latest version of LightWorks(14.5) My OS is Linux mint 19.1. The previous version of LightWorks + Linux 18.3, imported wav files without issue.

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 2 weeks ago #200937

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
I have Lightworks V14.5 installed on Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa running under VMware Workstation. I don't see a problem when importing and playing compliant wav files.

Some more information would help to support you to fix your problem.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 1 week ago #201475

• peterrios
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I have been focused primarily on importing Wav files... so I tried downloading MP3 files to see if the same problem occurs. MP3 files import into lightworks without a problem. I think the issue might be due to the free version of lightworks I have vs pro. Hopefully when I get the pro version, there will be no issue with importing Wav files. But I also think the issue might be with my laptop as I also have trouble installing Audacity, Mediainfo etc. After downloading into a folder, I cannot access Audacity or Mediainfo. But as long as I can download MP3 files, I can continue with my editing. Thanks everyone for your help.

Re: Wav audio files will not import into lightworks 2 months, 1 week ago #201476

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
There's no difference between the Pro and free versions of Lightworks regarding importing, there must be some other factor causing an issue with your WAV files.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
Scroll To Top