Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound

Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200648

• Bron29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I have the free version of Lightworks and I have made a video which has pictures intermixed with short interview clips. No matter what I do, the video will not export with sound even though it plays perfectly in the preview mode. This is my first time using Lightworks so I hope I’m just making some stupid mistake.

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200651

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

First ensure that the audio tracks are selected, The "All" on the bottom left, is sometimes used in error during export, so causing an export issue.

If that's not the case, check your audio mixer settings.

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200652

• Bron29
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
So you’re telling me not to use the ‘all’ button? And where do I find the audio mixer settings. This software is so un-user friendly - finding things is a challenge!

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200655

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Certainly use the all button as you learn it's use. Experiment with it to see how it speeds up selecting and deselecting tracks, but some new users assume it means export everything and the export nothing because they've deselected all the tracks.

The audio mixer is inside the audio tab, in the top right corner. Please post a screen grab, so that users can see the settings.

Lightworks has a simple logic, but, as with all software it's worth, exploring on a project that's intended for learning, rather than a serious one. The quick start video helps you to get started.

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #201065

• ds2270
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I am new to Lightworks and have compiled a very simple short sequence of pictures and video. I get no sound on the exported version even though its fine in preview. Very disappointing

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #201067

• ds2270
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I have exactly the same problem. Like you I am new to this software

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #201068

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
If sound is fine in preview and, if you didn't disable the audio tracks prior to export (which mutes them), as many others with the same problem did, check the settings of your media player.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #201070

• ds2270
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
I seem to have cured it,now exporting with sound, but I am not sure how i did it. Thanks for your help

Re: Help! Urgent - my video will not export with sound 5 months, 2 weeks ago #201071

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
In default Fixed user interface, one mistake many beginner make is clicking on the 'All' button lower left hand side of the timeline prior to exporting. This button toggles enable/disable all tracks (audio and video). Disabled tracks look darker than enabled tracks and, disabled audio tracks are muted in preview and export .
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top