Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 (IMPROVISED SOLUTION FOUND)

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202183

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
i looked at the video. is there no easier way?
I have multiple files and by multiple i mean 40+ continuously doing DVE will be very frustrating.
A quick death is all I ask for. Please.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202186

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
What is the format of your source files?

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202187

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
mostly mp4

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202188

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
i looked at the video. is there no easier way?
I have multiple files and by multiple i mean 40+ continuously doing DVE will be very frustrating.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202189

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I guess your question refers to this discussion.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=200567&Itemid=81#200567

I used the two DVE in that video just to show how to crop, scale and position 16:9 material for cropping afterwards to 4:3. The second DVE just helps to see what you will get. If you don't need all that, and cropping everything centered to 4:3 is sufficient, you don't need any DVE.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202190

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
sorry i think iv'e messed up some how in replying to the thread and recreated the topic... i seriously don't know how that happened.
Someone else has been replying and has a offered a "solution" but their "solution" is DVE placement to crop the videos then export and crop to 4:3 which i don't really have a problem with but doing DVE over 40+ times will be as i said frustrating.

Moderated: I have joined this thread with your earlier one on the same topic - jwrl.
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by jwrl.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202192

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
As I said, technically, just to crop 16:9 centered to 4:3, you don't need any DVE. If that approach will create a watchable video without cropping essential parts of the frame depends on your shots.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202205

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
is there a way to block people on this site?

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202216

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Why do you ask that?

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202243

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Hmmmm? No reason really just curious.

I've got this figured out so please mark the thread as solved... oh wait am i supposed to do that? Can you tell me how?
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Gluhss.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202244

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
If you would tell which way you have chosen to follow, other people having the same question could get a clue what to do.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202331

• Gluhss
  • Junior Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
I've gone with your suggestion but i'm using an application called ActivePresenter to crop after export.

I used the cine crop dve within lightworks and adjusted it to 4;3 ratio (made it a permanent effect so I can always use without having to recreate; I did the dve first unfolded it from the video giving it it's own FX1 track and stretched it to the width of my project... so maybe i'm really not doing like you suggested... For anyone who may try recreating this make sure to isolate/idk what you call it your V tracks when applying effects to individual videos or the effects will be added to the FX1 track which isn't what you want... unless of-course... that is what you want.)
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Gluhss.

Re: Video shakes after dimension change to NTSC/Pal 4:3 1 month, 2 weeks ago #202332

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Gluhss wrote:

I've got this figured out so please mark the thread as solved... oh wait am i supposed to do that? Can you tell me how?

Use the edit in your first message and put "solved" into the subject
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds
Scroll To Top