Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen.

Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200332

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I have rarely used the colour temperature FX so maybe I am maybe I am doing something stupid again.

I started using the Colour Temperature FX on a number of clips and decided that the camera settings were good enough so I started removing the effect from these clips. On a couple of occasions the entire clip when black this could only be restored by adding the FX again. In a couple of cases only a part of the clip went black. By going black I mean no picture, sound still working.
I have duplicated this a couple of time; but there is no fixed pattern.
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 sometimes working

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200333

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I guess you refer to V14.5 release.

Folded or unfolded?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200334

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
unfolded
[edit] does it make a difference?
Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 18.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 sometimes working
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by Jpaulbiss.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200335

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Don't know, I haven't seen the phenomenon with V14.5, specific to a single effect. I'm trying to reproduce.

How do you remove the effects, from the context menu of the timeline, by drag and drop, from the routing panel or ..?

Are there other effects in the same chain or multiple V tracks? Removing an effect in a more complex chain may cause broken routing.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200342

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Does it perhaps look like this, the FX track shows black space where the effect was before and Media Offline is shown in the viewer?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Edit: That's from an earlier issue, assumed to be fixed with V14.5. I wasn't able to reproduce, based on the inormation given.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200398

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
No gaps in the FX track, the original clip with out FXs applied is functional, I replaced the bad clip with the original and moved on. I have kept an archive id this faulty sequence so when I get this project done and put to bed I should have time to investigate it more.
It seems the faster you go the longer it takes.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200487

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
I think the solution may be explained here:

[video] https://youtu.be/MIJBnXLxZEE[/video]

The black screen problem is demonstrated starting 3:30 into the clip...

G
Last Edit: 5 months, 3 weeks ago by G0bble.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200493

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
G0bble wrote:

G

The initial post is about removing an effect, not moving it over deselected tracks as shown in the video (this behaviour has been changed with V14.6, by the way).

Can you show a workflow which creates black screen when removing a single unfolded effect?

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 3 weeks ago #200500

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 3 weeks ago
G0bble wrote:

G

I did know that this video existed.Have no idea if the routing was broken; bur next time i'll check. To the best of my memory (which is not as good as it was) the effct was unfolded and was the whole clip and not moved.

Re: Colour Temperature FX when removed causes black screen. 5 months, 2 weeks ago #200757

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Jpaulbiss wrote:
G0bble wrote:

G

I did know that this video existed.Have no idea if the routing was broken; bur next time i'll check. To the best of my memory (which is not as good as it was) the effect was unfolded and was the whole clip and not moved.

I found another clip that went black on me. The routing had been broken. Connecting the output to the next input solved the problem.

I don't understand why. a couple days ago I watched this section all I did at that time was fade out the audio which should not have any connection to a video node.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top