Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Internal Error A001

Internal Error A001 9 months, 1 week ago #191238

• LPMT58
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Hi,
I have looked through the discussion here and found one discussion without a proper answer.

I have registered and can login a through the web. Firing up the application I enter the same credentials and when I click Continue the response in RED is: Internal Error A001.

What do I do?

Re: Internal Error A001 9 months, 1 week ago #191239

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
From what I can tell, that appears to indicate a problem whilst trying to write to your Lightworks folder (which is normally located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks, if you're using Windows). Do you have write permissions for that folder?
Lightworks Development

Re: Internal Error A001 9 months, 1 week ago #191240

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

"A001" seems to be a newly invented error identifier . modifyer.

It could be that Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature of Windows 10 blocks Lightworks.

If you have activated Controlled Folder Access, please disable Defender temporarily, re-install Lightworks and login. If that works, configure Defender in a way that folder access is granted for Lightworks.

If that doesn't fix the problem, FAQ says referring to internal error:

Please make sure you are running the latest release build of Lightworks 14.5 and that your network devices (Wireless and Ethernet) are installed correctly and enabled. We would also recommend removing any external hard drives attached to the system before attempting activation. If you still encounter the same error please fill in the form provided here: www.lwks.com/reportaproblem
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Internal Error A001 9 months, 1 week ago #191241

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
Just in case, here you'll find a more detailed description how to set up Defender Controlled Folder access for Lightworks: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=21&id=170501&Itemid=81#173092
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds
Scroll To Top