TOPIC: 14.0.0 Crash with project lost

14.0.0 Crash with project lost 6 months ago #177057

• gsilliman
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months ago
14.0.0 running on Windows 10 pro 64 bit
The system crashed with a memory_management BSOD - yeah microsoft
When I started Lightworks back up my project I was actively working on was no longer in my list. I attempted to roll back to the backup odb file with no success. Searching for the project has no luck.

I've attached the project folder. I really don't want to have to remake this whole thing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: added a logs backup
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 6 months ago by gsilliman.

Re: 14.0.0 Crash with project lost 6 months ago #177077

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Hello,

Please replace the project folder (read: delete the existing) with the attached and see what happens .
Attachments:
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 months ago by hugly.

Re: 14.0.0 Crash with project lost 6 months ago #177105

• gsilliman
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months ago
That got it back. Thank you very much for the help. Can you share what was wrong so I might be able to recover from something like this myself?

Re: 14.0.0 Crash with project lost 6 months ago #177106

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 months ago
Two of the files in your project folder got damaged, most likely by an initial crash. I simply removed them, restarted Lightworks and let it do the rest. You've lost one undo step on two different sequences, because of the damaged files.

Potential damages caused by crashes appear in a random way. The specific issue you've encounter, the project disappeared from project browser, wasn't known yet, but I hope it will be fixed with next release based on the information you've provided.

Information on crashing projects is highly valuable for Lightworks development. Please go the same way reporting about similar issues in the future, instead of silently repairing.

Up to V14.5 RC4 all previously known issues of that kind have been fixed already, thus the probability that you'll encounter similar things has decreased significantly when using V14.5.

A good way to recover from damage and in particular from unintended deletion of media or modification of projects is to make manual project backups on a regular basis (from Project.Details.Make backup).
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top