Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing.

Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169113

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I have been working on a project for the last two days straight and is 80% odd completed. I can rewatch everything on my edit screen. But I, unfortunately, can't close the app on my windows laptop. It says it is analyzing once again, but the task region says it has 'completed'. The error message then further shows that if I don't abort all background tasks, I can't close the app. I try to abort all the tasks, and still, nothing. I want to close the app without causing any harm to my project. Please help. I'm kind of new to lightworks. Only 2 months old, and doing my first huge project on lightworks.
P.S., I also couldn't analyze a perfectly compatible video file so I did right click on it and told it to get reanalyzed. is that got to do something with my problem?

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169115

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Welcome.
senavijan@123 wrote:
... without causing any harm to my project...

If it still works, I would do a project backup by now.
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

If you have already made a backup some time ago, make sure your new backup does not overwrite the last backup (because we do not know if your current project is OK).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by schrauber.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169116

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Thanks a lot. I have started the process. It says its pending. I'll update you when it has progressed. Thanks for your reply.
Note: Waited 5 minutes, still hasn't moved a bit.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169117

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
senavijan@123 wrote:
Note: Waited 5 minutes, still hasn't moved a bit.

Did you choose the option with media, or without media?
Is your hard disk very active?

If that does not work then there are other ways to secure projects.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169118

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I did it by choosing local as well as the other type there was. Basically, yes, I did include the option of media. Can't wait to hear the other options.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169120

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I would enable "Include local media" by default.

"Include linked media" are media that have been imported with the import option "Create Link".
I seldom use this option.
I need this option only if I want to transfer a project to another computer, and the new computer has no access to the original location.
Or if I want to secure the linked media additionally. (Of course I can do it differently).

Is there a step forward in the backup task?
Is your hard disk very active?
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169121

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Okay. Thanks. I chose both the local and linked option, although I don't create link as well.
And no there hasn't been any progress. And also, my hard disk is not too active. I just have my browser open, and lightworks. Nothing else.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169122

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Ok, then you can use Windows Explorer to make a copy of the following folder:

C: \ Users \ Public \ Documents \ Lightworks

This will also backup all local media that are in the default media folder (others not).

If you have too little hard disk space to copy the entire folder, then we would have to limit it to the most important subfolders.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169124

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Okay. Have done that. Very easily. Storage space is not a concern.
But just an update. No progress on the backup.
And now that you say, I see lightworks using 58-60% of my Ram, consistently.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169125

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
If nobody has another idea, then I think we're going to open the Taskmanager and forcibly close the Lightworks process.
After a restart, check if everything is OK.
Windows 10, 64 Bit

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169126

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I'm too afraid to do that. I'll keep editing until I can.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169131

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Don't. Schrauber is correct. Force quit Lightworks. In it's present state even if you manage to continue editing without crashing you will need to ensure that you can get everything that you need done in this one session, with absolutely no guarantee that you will even be able to export it when you finish.
That RAM usage suggests something went seriously off the rails when you attempted to re-analyse the faulty import.

Once you force quit, download the current release candidate, RC7, and install that without uninstalling your existing version. Put it in its own folder - C:\Program Files\LWKS_RC7 is probably as good a name as any other. Launch that version and see how you get on. Let us know what happens and whether it addresses your problem.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169134

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Thanks a lot bro. I tried to force close it, and luckily after restarting, the things started smoothly and all the previously imported and not imported files were showing as proper thumbnails. Sadly, the one file which apparently had no problem, which I tried to reanalyse, it still shows that it is not analyzed. I'll work on that file later.
Now that the problem is solved after force stopping it, thought should thank you guys for helping me out. Cheers.and lightworks still is THE BEST. hands down.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 6 days ago #169141

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
I suggest that you post a MediaInfo report on the file that you cannot load. You think that it's OK, but Lightworks doesn't. There will be a reason for that, and it will be correctable.

You will find a link to MediaInfo in the tools section of the downloads button at the top of this page. Make sure that you don't install any of the adware that comes with it, and select "Text" view. Post that report here and we'll see what needs to be done.

Re: Help! I can't close the app, and it says all my video contents are analyzing. 1 week, 5 days ago #169210

• senavijan@123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
General
Complete name : E:\RIVU'S FILES\A.S.F. PRODUCTIONS\Pt. Jagdish Mohan ji\Guruji.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42 (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 19.7 MiB
Duration : 2 min 31 s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 1 093 kb/s
Encoded date : UTC 2018-02-05 13:21:17
Tagged date : UTC 2018-02-05 13:21:17
Writing application : HandBrake 1.0.7 2017040900

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, RefFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 2 min 31 s
Bit rate : 926 kb/s
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 368 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.739
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.131
Stream size : 16.7 MiB (85%)
Writing library : x264 core 148 r2708 86b7198
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=300 / keyint_min=30 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=30 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=22.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=20000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2018-02-05 13:21:17
Tagged date : UTC 2018-02-05 13:21:17
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.601 NTSC
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.601

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2