Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up

System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163662

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
This is the second time i'm using LW in PRO mode and it is the second time i have this problem.
I need to finish a work tonight and after opening LW and close it after few seconds and open it again i get the message 'System Clock Irregularity'. I delete the P0001000 and G0001000 folders but without success. I reset the PC but nothing changes.

DAMN, I NEEED TO FINISH THE EDIT TONIGHT!!! IT IS AN INDUSTRIAL ONE AND URGENT !!!!
When I start to look around I become insatiable.
Milan, Italy.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163666

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Have you tried restarting the computer?

Do you see any other clock irregularities? Is your time/date set correctly?

Also, are you using a network time server?
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163667

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Yes i restart th PC.

No problem with date/time.

Yes. with Windows default timeserver.

After the error message i went to drink a coffee and as i'm back and restart LW it start correctly.
Milan, Italy.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163668

• geomcd1949
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Ciao @aminix – To assist others who might experience the same issue, could you share the type and brand of coffee you used to rectify it?
North Carolina, USA
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
2x2.7 GHz E5-2680
500GB SSD and1TB HDD
64 GB DDR3 10600
Quadro K4200
~X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
*Galaxy E5 with Filmic Plus*
*JVC GY-HM150*

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163669

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
geomcd1949 wrote:
Ciao @aminix – To assist others who might experience the same issue, could you share the type and brand of coffee you used to rectify it?

Lenovo D30 Workstation,128GB ram, Nvidia L4000, 2xDell U2312HM, Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS LWKS 14.0, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 Now working

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163674

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
Illy - italian brand.
Milan, Italy.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163683

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
aminix wrote:
Illy - italian brand.

What else?

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163694

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
What a nervous thing. Everytime i have a LW crash the 'System Clock Irregularity' appears... and i cannot drink everytime a coffee... tomorrow it hapen 5 times and i need to wait some minutes before i can start LW again.

When LW crash i got the msg that i have not enough memory and need to close some applications... but the only open app is LW!!! and i have 16Gb of ram, it is not enough?
Milan, Italy.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163695

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
P.s. Clooney drink Nespresso, not Illy... hahaha
Milan, Italy.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163731

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
geomcd1949 wrote:

Also, method of brewing, brew time, water temperature, grind...
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163734

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
geomcd1949 wrote:
could you share the type and brand of coffee you used to rectify it?

arniepix wrote:
Also, method of brewing, brew time, water temperature, grind...

For the purist it would be better to have the blend and the grind, and whether infusion, percolating or espresso methods were used.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163748

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
aminix wrote:
What a nervous thing. Everytime i have a LW crash the 'System Clock Irregularity' appears... and i cannot drink everytime a coffee... tomorrow it hapen 5 times and i need to wait some minutes before i can start LW again.

When LW crash i got the msg that i have not enough memory and need to close some applications... but the only open app is LW!!! and i have 16Gb of ram, it is not enough?

That would make me nervous too.

Which version of Lightworks do you run when encountering those issues, V14 release or V14.1?

Do the issues still persist?

Would you mind posting error.log after the next crash (before restarting Lightworks)?

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163784

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
V14.1, latest beta.

It happened again. This time LW don't crash. I simply open LW but the server are still power on and LW don't view the projects. I close LW, wait 30 seconds that the server finish to boot and start LW again and...'System....'. Need to wait some minutes to start LW.

In this way i find a bug. After selecting the project all media results off-line and see that in the MEDIA tab my selected media folders are gone!!! I was in panic for 10 seconds !!!
Milan, Italy.
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by aminix.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163802

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
animix,

Lightworks performs detection of media locations only on startup. It doesn't perform any kind of polling waiting for not yet running servers (missing locations).

Please wait until all needed Media locations are mounted by your file server(s) and visible to your OS before starting Lightworks.
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: System Clock Irregularity... back again, I'm really fed up 10 months, 1 week ago #163814

• aminix
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 10 months, 1 week ago
I think i explain bad the problem.

I start LW with server down.
Then i exit LW and power on the server.
As i restart LW, with server ready and all paths visible, all the media paths in media location are gone.
It seem that LW don't remember the location path.
I need to re-enter all paths.
Milan, Italy.
Last Edit: 10 months, 1 week ago by aminix.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds
Scroll To Top