Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue]

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 11 months, 3 weeks ago #202054

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Although fixed by loading an automatic backup, this could be new, from here:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=201964&Itemid=81#201964
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 11 months, 3 weeks ago #202102

• Great White
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Although fixed by loading an automatic backup, this could be new

Thanks hugly, I've added code in the next 14.6 beta to handle that. The project contains a sequence which has missing and/or out of order events/cuts; the code does try to fix the problem, but not successfully. I've made it simply fail to load the track(s) in question so that the auto-undo logic can take effect.
Lightworks Development
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Great White.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 11 months, 3 weeks ago #202103

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for the detailed feedback!

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 9 months, 1 week ago #205882

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 months, 1 week ago
I've attached an archive of a short sequence, no media. It shows invalid TC on the last two frames over trailing black with V14.6, but not with V14.5. When swapping V1 with V2 (ALT+S) with playhead far left and trying to play the section with the DVE, V14.6 crashes, but not V14.5.

The invalid trailing TC is most likely caused by a speed change (the undo steps should show) and might be the cause of the crash after swapping tracks.

Edit: Just detected that a copy of the sequence shows valid trailing TC.

Edit2: But, even on the copy with valid TC, the crash with V14.6 can be forced when swapping the video tracks, so my assumption above is probably wrong and there might be more than one issue.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 9 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 8 months, 3 weeks ago #206670

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months, 3 weeks ago
The 30 fps project provided here contains 2562 clips in total, not conformed, no bins, no groups. 1372 clips used in one sequence, 1190 unused. 1142 files detected as 1080p AVCHD. I can imagine that the reported instability is caused by thumbnail refresh of the AVCHD media.

One thing I've never seen before, the 30 fps project contains 25 fps and 48 fps material. I don't even know how to create something like this.

Any explanation how this can happen?
Last Edit: 8 months, 3 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 2 months, 1 week ago #217522

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Sequences damaged by a crash on Linux, project folder provided here.

The project contains two damaged sequences. 'EC0516H5' is recoverable from milestones, whereas all ED5 files and milestones of 'EC05132W' are invalid. 15 files out of 19 are truncated to zero length.

Edit: Implementing this feature, or something similar, with some future release might help avoiding a suddenly entirely damaged backup structure?
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 2 months ago #217684

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Damaged content of the Rooms folder crashes V14.5 Fixed layout when opening the project.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=217662&Itemid=81#217662

Beside of the obvious question, what damages the internal metadata structure 'Room' in a way that the program cannot detect and fix it, the more fundamental question appears to me to be, why can Fixed layout, which doesn't expose Rooms to the user, can be crashed when opening the project by a damaged Room at all?
Last Edit: 2 months ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 1 month, 4 weeks ago #218127

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 4 weeks ago
An initial crash with V14.5 damaged the room and the current sequence. The damage crashes Lightworks V14.5 and 2020.1 when trying to open the project.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=217802&Itemid=81#217802
Last Edit: 1 month, 4 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 1 month, 3 weeks ago #218322

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
After a crash on Windows, the current sequence disappeared from the project, because detected as corrupted, and 7 out of 10 milestones are damaged as well.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=218294&Itemid=81#218294

The sequence looks quite simple, a few clips and cuts, no effects. I wonder what can cause such a series of damaged files on such a simple structure?

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 2 weeks, 4 days ago #221024

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Trouble with the content of the Rooms folder seems to be a "hot spot".

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=221020&Itemid=81#221020

The content of UIState.txt causes the crash.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Crashes caused by corrupted odb file [issue] 1 week, 2 days ago #221383

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 2 days ago
Same thing, the content of UIState.txt causes the crash. This time on OSX with crash report.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=29&id=221361&Itemid=81#221361
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top