Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore"

[SOLVED] Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148534

• LasseKrarup
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
After accidentally changing the routing on a text effect, my project crashed, and now LWKS crashes whenever I try to open said project. I tried restoring from backup, and though a success message was shown, the project still won't open.

I'm using Lightworks 14 on a MacBook Air running Sierra 10.12.5, and I know I'm running on a smaller system than recommended, but I haven't experienced any issues before this.

Specs:
1,3 Ghz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

I hope someone can help me out
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by LasseKrarup. Reason: Solved

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148554

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Hello and welcome!

A crash while writing metadata to files might have damaged something. It could be difficult to find out what.

It happens that rooms metadata get damaged. To find out, select from cogs menu of project browser "Project layout.Flexible", right-click on project tile of the affected project, select "Rooms.Create new" and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148557

• LasseKrarup
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Thanks!

I can now open the project in the flexible layout (in a new room), and everything seems to work.
If I change the layout back to fixed the problem remains though

Thank you for the quick reply by the way

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148558

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
Assuming that the damaged room was the only problem, it should be possible to make Fixed layout work by deleting the damaged room in Flexible.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Hope that helps.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148561

• LasseKrarup
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
I tried deleting the first room, but I still can't get fixed layout to work

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148562

• LasseKrarup
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
I tried working backwards in Flexible and removed the last effects, that I had added.
It turned out that one of the text effects was causing LWKS to crash. I removed it and Fixed layout now also works.

Thank you very much for your help!

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 3 years, 3 months ago #148602

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 3 months ago
What text effect was causing the problem?

Re: Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 2 years, 8 months ago #165948

• MavonDC
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 8 months ago
Thanks you very much it saved my week’s work thanks you soo much

Re: [SOLVED] Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 2 years, 2 months ago #180484

• jammyshed16
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Hello,

I am having the same problem and am not able to fix it myself. I have already located and zipped the files, I just need someone to help me find the error within these files. I am using windows.

I hope someone can help me

Re: [SOLVED] Repeated crash when opening specific project despite "succesful restore" 2 years, 2 months ago #180526

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 2 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, I find no file in your post.

The tips in this thread are one year old.
Meanwhile, there is a Beta version Lightworks 14.5, which solves many of these problems automatically.
If that does not help then you can try to open a new "Room" in the flexible layout, etc.

It would also be helpful if you describe your problem in detail and how it came about.
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top