• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years, 4 months ago

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 4 months ago #145058

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 4 months ago
Ahh, thanks, missed that.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 1 month, 3 weeks ago #202161

• musicollector
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Music is the soundtrack of our lives
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
At: www.lwks.com/?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=14&id=144766&Itemid=81#144801 Simon said: "On the choice download list. I had to install the app only. I switched off the boxes for the VcRedist. The program then installed successfully. "

Thank you, Simon. I browsed high and low for the "1618 error", hoping to cut to the chase. At last, I finally found the only solution that fixed the issue, buried deep within all the pages of text, thanks to you. I only hope that this VcRedist is not needed for any particular critical operation of the software, as I have no idea what it does.

In the total scheme of things, just a minor issue because I LOVE Lightworks, which I had never used before. And, that they are providing it free is only more amazing.
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by musicollector.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 1 month, 3 weeks ago #202163

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

This discussion refers to the outdated version V14.0 of Lightworks which had a long list of know issues. Most of them have been fixed with current V14.5 release.

If you should run V14.0, I'd suggest considering upgrading to V14.5. There's no good reason for staying with V14.0. To unlock possibly locked files, restart your computer prior to installing. I can imagine that installation with VCRedist enabled will work with V14.5, but I can't promise, because VCRedist problems are, in almost any case, caused by issues of the local Windows installation.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 3 weeks ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top