Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks is crashing at every level

Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144766

I had trouble to download the new lightworks 14. Then finally after at least my 10th attempt, the program is now crashing at every step. I have to keep restarting either the program or the computer.

I have the new Dell XPS 15 touch. 9560. 2017 model. 32Mbs Ram. Geforce 1050. Lightworks should fly.

Any help appreciated. Very frustrated.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144770

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
Hello and welcome!

Trouble downloading Lightworks might be caused by your internet connection.

What operating system and version do you run?

Do you see any error message(s)?

Have you ever used Lightworks before or is this your first installation?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144801

On first downloading the program. The download crashed at the same point every time. The message says

" the VcRedist installer failed with error code 1618 "

On the choice download list. I had to install the app only. I switched off the boxes for the VcRedist. The program then installed successfully.

The program opened and I managed to open the account and install my first video clip. From that point the program crashed at every point.

Installing video clips
Playing videos
Importing music
Adding transitions
Basically every step.

I finally managed to get a small video edited after restarting the program at each step. Now it's crashing again on making the final video in blue ray.

I'm looking to try reinstalling the whole program again from the start, but again the same messages on download are appearing.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144803

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
Thank you for the information.

It's possible that you encountered more than one issue. One related to the installation of Lightworks, the second one maybe caused by some media you use.

Let's try to get rid of the "VcRedist" message first and to get Lightworks installed completely and properly.

What version of Windows do you run?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144823

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
Try downloading the Windows 32bit version from this site and install it.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144845

I'm running a fully up to date version of windows 10 home. System 32. I therefore downloaded the system 32 version of lightworks.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144846

I have a newer version.

Windows home 10 system 32
Dell Xps 15 touch
I7 7700 3.4 GHz
GeForce 1050
Ram 32 GB

I chose this special for video editing

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144848

now just tried to completely re install the system 32 lightworks from the lightworks download page and I'm getting completely different messages from yesterday. I'm getting errors and failures multiple times.

Really getting lost on this.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144849

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
Have you tried turning off your antivirus before installing?

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144850

I'm now trying to install the 64 bit version. It seems to have installed with no problems. I'm not expecting it to work as my system is 32 but interesting that one installs, the other doesn't.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144853

I can't explain why, but the 64 bit download seems to be working much better than the 32 bit download. However my system is 32 bit. For the moment at least it's not crashing.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144855

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
You may have a problem exporting.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144863

• da9th_one
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
There are MANY problems w/ v14. You will spend many hours of "solving problems" only to find out there are 20 more where that came from.

Bottom line is v14 is NOT ready for prime time use.
You can either: Be a crash dummy for the developers to assist them in doing the job which should have been completed prior to rolling this monstrosity out.

Or: You can use an alternative piece of software until a boat load of fixes are released.

P.S. The problem is NOT you or your system...The problem is indeed a severely crippled faulty & flawed product.

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144865

• mediaDS
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 5 months ago
da9th_one wrote:
P.S. The problem is NOT you or your system...The problem is indeed a severely crippled faulty & flawed product.

That's bullshit. LW 14.x is working fine on a lot of systems. Minor bugs? Yes, indeed. They exist. But crippled and faulty?

And I assume it is indeed his system which seems to be severly broken from what he tells us. I also assume that most of the reported problems are not even connected to Lightworks but can be found in broken installations, faulty downloads, downloads from dubious websites with malware and other infections. Some of the problems are connected to Windows 10 updates or library problems.

It's not always Lightworks ....
Windows 10 Pro • Asus Z170 Mainboard • Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake, 4 x 4.20 Ghz • 32 GB DDR4 Memory • Noctua Cooling system • Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB DDR5 • Blackmagic Intensity Pro • Samsung SSD 840 500 GB (Data) and 250 GB (System) • 30 TB Asustor NAS (Media) • LG 34UB67 21:9 Ultra-Wide Display 34" @ 2560x1080 • Logitech Bluetooth K810 and M557 • Wacom Intuous Wireless Graphic Tablet • Contour ShuttleXpress • APC Back-UPS 1400VA

Re: Lightworks is crashing at every level 2 years, 5 months ago #144866

I have managed to get the 64bit version to work. I have also completed 1 blue ray and 1 4K video successfully.

Just for information. I believe the lightworks program to be a very good one. I have also found the forum to be helpful. Thanks for all your replies.

My Dell Xps 15 touch. Was delivered in the morning and the first program I installed was lightworks. I bought the computer special for video editing so have had many extras installed such as 32GB ram and GeForce GTX 1050, 1 TB hard drive and a 4K touch screen.

It's disappointing that my first attempt with lightworks was so difficult, but it seems to be working now.
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top