Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent

Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202690

• reinmanu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hey,

I wanted to use Lightworks, with an outright license, for a Greenscreen Movie, but i'm having a lot of problems with hairs and image noise.
So i did install Fusion 9 and tried to use the plugin. The Quality after keying in Fusion is quite good, but i'm having troubles to reimport the keyed video material:
There is no transparency and the background is just black...

I'm quite sure that this ist just a configuration problem, but i cant solve it...

greet
Manuel

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202691

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hello,

First, the build-in Greescreen preset of Lightworks works truly not bad, but ok, for not well captured content you might need more, garbage masks and such.

In general, transparency is carried in the alpha channel. Most common video formats do have channels for YUV or RGB, no alpha channel. With Fusion, to save transparency, you have to select a format on the Saver node which supports alpha channel. With the free version of Fusion 9, I'd suggest using PNG image sequence.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202692

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
By the way:

reinmanu wrote:
So i did install Fusion 9 and tried to use the plugin.

What version of Lightworks do you run? The free version of Lightworks V14.5 does not support Fusion as a plugin.

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202694

• reinmanu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Hey thank you for the fast answer!

I'm using Lightworks Pro 14.5, and the plugin works, but just without an alphachannel in the videos, the background is just black.

So, im getting a lot of PNG images from Fusion and have to put them together again in Lightworks, is that right?

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202695

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
I don't use Fusion as plugin, only standalone. However, when using the plugin, rendering to PNG with alpha should show valid results in Lightworks. Try these settings:

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Please note: You need a Blend, or a DVE, or similar effects in Lightworks to show transparency over background in the timeline.

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202699

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Are you compositing the green-screen over your background video in Fusion - or trying to make an alpha channel component for import into LW where you will run the final composite??

A few screen grabs of the issues may be useful.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Lightworks - Fusion, Greenscreen transparent 1 month, 1 week ago #202712

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 1 week ago
Have certainly moved multiple V tracks to Fusion without any problem. The result is as many Fusion loaders as tracks with the appropriate section of media pre-loaded.

The would obviously all be discrete V tracks - otherwise they will be flattened before being loaded int Fusion. It's pretty obvious that Fusion would not replicate existing LW VFX in the selected section.

As a pro user the OP may wish to timeline render any content on tracks which would otherwise be flattened.

Here we tend to prefer skipping the auto-load and make a media-used list in LW - that is kept as a library of such logs for later post production purposes as and wherever necessary.

The image below is a simple example - have not demonstrated any of the key clean-up steps which might be necessary - end result is a composite in Fusion - it is also possible to configure to export a discrete alpha-only.

BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top