Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Fusion 9

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195817

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
OT: that's the nice thing about lwks (+ 2x GUIs), once you got it, you never forget it (... how to work with ...)

now as fusion16 (9.02, which afaik was still built in 2017) is "paid only", natron would be a nice additon to lwks tools *bump* ,-)

the good thing is, you can still use fusion 9 or better 6 ,)
fusion16 GUI discussion @ forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=88866#p496857

s.

ps. natron states maintainer needed ... ,)
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by lghtwrks.

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195819

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
I can remember bugfixing the FUSION n+1 error in an older "lwks X beta" of lwks fus support, as 1 frame was dropped.

@www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=354&id=136573&Itemid=81#136709

TrimIn/TrimOut and GlobalStart/End of the the template ...

so the best idea would be make lwks (for 3rd party templates) as open as for fusion (as it was for combustion), so many apps could get integrated ...

eg. adding a new template (for the same application, eg. natron) could have another result when loading the lwks media files ....
(eg. one templates writes dpx, the other uncompressed avi files or automagically adds nodes between lwks-src-files and the saver etc. etc.).

greets
s.

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195820

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Focus on OFX for all might be a better choice with limited development resources.

Since the recent interfaces to Fusion and Boris are Pro only, and it's fast and easy to export an image sequence of a marked section and replace it into the timeline afterward, do you really see a benefit for an interface to other third party compositing software?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195822

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
see it rather as a template system.
if I drag & drop an FX to the timeline and press "launch" everything can happen.
even an lunch donut could be orderd if the track is called "lunch"
lwks should just provide which tracks (+meta), which frames, abs. path to the files etc.
so you can do everything.
reading the .txt file works, as I showed in the proof of concept lwks-blender (edit: proven ehm. sry) connection, but some more programatical
would be nice.
greets
s

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195846

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
lghtwrks wrote:
even an lunch donut could be orderd if the track is called "lunch"

So, if I name the track "pastrami", I can expect a sandwich from Katz's? !
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195852

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
For the time being, the existing feature 'Assistant Application', available with Pro and Free on all platforms, writes a plain text file which contains track name, the path to the source file , and the frames to render from/to.

The question remains, who will read the file, understand the instructions, and bring the sandwich?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195863

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
Integration of Fusion is a Pro feature - the manual LW workflow summarised by khaver "There is a manual way to do it. Setup Fusion as an assistant application in Lightworks. Mark and park a section you want to use Fusion on. Hit the sources list button. Notepad will open listing the video file name and the frames marked in the timeline. " is the best options for Free users - not too difficult to relate the LW list to a Fusion composition.

If it is a particularly onerous task that user might like to order-in a delivered luncheon while they continue their struggle.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Fusion 9 3 months, 1 week ago #195896

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 1 week ago
@arniepix

if we get the template-interface, I do a demo ,)

s.

Re: Fusion 9 3 months ago #196003

• lghtwrks
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
@hugly
yes, but as boris, res. setting etc. should go in ...
template = [res-x]] [res-y]] and the template gets created ...
s
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top